#01 | EXCUSE ME

---

---

"Ma, I'm gonna be in big trouble." [y/n] whined as her eyes narrowed at the bento that was outstretched to her. It had already been fifteen minutes since school started, and she still hadn't even left her house which was quite far from the school grounds. As soon as she was headed out the door, her mom had caught her and asked her to take her father's lunch to him on her way to school. "Can't he go without it?"

Her mother adamantly shook her head, "He rarely comes back to Japan, so this is the best thing we can do for him," she said with pleading eyes. "Please, honey. Just for today."

A very long and exasperated sigh left her lips as she grabbed the bento reluctantly. "Just for today. If you get a call from the school, you know why."

"Mhmm. Thank you." Her mother waved at the girl who sassily threw open the door, making her way down to the main sidewalk to begin her journey to the station. It would take her about fifteen minutes to get to his current location, which was in the complete opposite direction of her school. Half of her knew that there was no point in going to school at all because she was already this late.

The female plopped on the cold seats within the train, sighing to herself. He better appreciate it or I'll throw this bento in his face and run.

Leaning her head against the wall, she closed her eyes and simply enjoyed the sound of the crowded train that was bustling through the rush hour.

[ t i m e s k i p ]

"Excuse me." [y/n] called out, waving down a security guard who worked within the large building she had entered. He nodded, acknowledging her politely as he had been trained to. "Do you know where Gillian is? I'm his daughter, and I have to deliver something, uh, important to him."

The guard gave her a once over before pointing over to the hallway that would eventually lead to him. She was thankful he hadn't questioned her about anything or else she would've just left with the bento in her bag and her pride intact.

Her shoes lightly patted against the squeaky clean floors; her [e/c] eyes searched for her father continuously. [y/n] was too afraid to open doors in fear of interrupting important meetings or disturbing anyone in general. In the end, she resorted to searching the hall and listening for her dad's voice.

"Where is he?" She complained under her breath, turning the corner sharply and colliding with someone who happened to turn at the same time. Her nose smacked right against the center of their chest, causing a small yelp to leave her lips from surprise and pain. The [h/c] haired female simply bounced off of him a bit and regained her composure. "Ah, I'm sorry, excuse me."

When she glanced up, her eyes subtly widened when she saw the cute guy before her. He had reddish-brown hair that was styled nicely (but weirdly) with a simple white shirt and a few bracelets decorating his wrist. His eyelashes were the first thing she noticed, taking note of how pretty and long they were.

"Watch where you're going." His voice was silky, god forsakenly good to hear. It perfectly matched his pretty face. She couldn't deny that he was pretty attractive, especially with his height and confident aura.

Standing up straight, she adjusted her bag strap and quirked her right eyebrow. "Maybe you should also watch where you're going. Might knock someone down next time."

He scoffed lightly. "Even monkeys can move out of the way when people are coming. Watch it next time."

"Ok, pretty boy." [y/n] turned away, sauntering off to find her father who was nowhere to be seen.

"Pretty boy?" His words went unheard by the girl who had gone far down the hall, disappearing down the other hallway to find him. The male stood there for a moment, raising an eyebrow at the spot she used to stand in.

"Itoshi-san, that conversation with the guy from soccer journal is no good. The media will tear you apart!" His manager, Gillian, said, clearly fretting over the conversation he had with a man earlier.

"I could care less about this country." The male scoffed, shoving his hands into his pockets as he walked. "There's some weird girl walking around the halls."

"Weird girl? What'd she look like?" Gillian was visibly sweating as he followed behind the male. The brown haired boy vaguely explained [y/n]'s exact appearance, making Gillian purse his lips awkwardly. "Actually..."

"What? You know her?"

"That's-"

"Oh, Gill, there you are!" [y/n] sighed with relief, approaching Gillian from behind. A smile graced her lips when she finally found him, thankful he hadn't somehow disappeared. "Mom made lunch, so I brought it."

Gillian thanked her for the food, ruffling her hair lightly before awkwardly turning to the male who quirked a brow. "A-Ah, Itoshi-san, this is my daughter, [f/n]. [f/n], this is Itoshi Sae. He's a football player for a foreign team."

"Oh, it's pretty boy." She pointed at him, recognizing him from earlier.

He furrowed his brows at the name. "Don't call me that."

"Oh, it's ugly boy." She restated, instantly being fearfully scolded by her father who couldn't afford losing his job because his daughter couldn't hold her tongue. "So if he's playing on a foreign team then why is he here in Japan? Asking in the politest way possible, so don't fire anyone."

"Renew my passport." Sae muttered, turning on his heels to glance inside the room that's door was open wide. His interest was piqued when he saw Anri strongly making a point that she'd find the best striker with the Blue Lock idea.

No wonder Gillian was surprised when Sae turned around, demanding that he cancel their flight to Spain.

"Ah, shit." [y/n] muttered as she glanced down at the time, realizing she had school to attend. "I gotta go."

"Okay, see you later, [f/n]." Her father called out, ruffling her hair lightly before waving at her.

The girl waved at him, shooting Sae a sly grin. "See ya, pretty boy."

"Don't call me that."

"Fine, ugly boy."

Once she was gone, Sae turned to Gillian who sweated nervously. "Your daughter calls you Gill?"

"Haha, yeah," Gillian chuckled awkwardly and nodded. "I'm not her real father, so she's probably uncomfortable calling me Dad."

Sae began walking again, not really having any interest in his response. He got a few steps before he stopped in his tracks. As much as he hated to ask, this would be the only way to find out. "What was her name again?"

Slowly, Gillian said, "[f/n]."

[f/n].

---

[ a/n : how tf does one pronounce Sae? is it 'say', 'sigh' or 'sah-aye' or whatttt???!!! also, im impulsively posting this but idk when i'll update it bc i don't know much about sae's personality yet 

update: its January of 2022 and I know how to say his name now. its "sah-eh" ykyk ]