13 - avoid him || edited

Katatapos ko lang ayusin ang mga gamit ko para sa Youth Camp nang kumatok si Kuya Andrei.

"You ready?" he asked, smiling.

"Yup," I quickly replied, hefting my backpack. I did a quick mental inventory muna just to make sure na wala akong naiwan.

Today was the most awaited Youth Camp. Finally. Ilang weeks din naming inasikaso 'to. Nagkasundo ang council na sa school kami magkikita-kita dahil mas mainam daw na sabay-sabay kaming pupunta sa Tagaytay to avoid disorganization.

Dahil walang pasok si Kuya Jacob ngayon, Kuya Andrei offered to drive me to school dahil aalis din naman daw siya.

After mentally accounting my things, lumabas na ako. Kinuha agad ni Kuya yung bag ko at sabay kaming bumaba.

Napatingin ako sa kanya, giving him a once over. He was wearing a simple navy blue long sleeves that were pulled around the arms.

"Where are you going today? Wala ka naman pasok ngayon?" I asked.

"I'm hanging out with Paul and Onyx," simpleng sagot niya lang.

Ngumisi ako. "Wow naman. Pa-easy easy lang kayo, ha."

He chuckled deeply. "You have no idea. That dude's lost his head. We're hitting the road just for a girl." He glanced at me before adding, "We're going to Pangasinan."

My eyes widened. "Just for a model girl? Yung model 'to, right?"

"Who else?" Ngumisi rin siya.

"Damn!" I exclaimed, still in disbelief. "He must be really crazy for her then!"

"I wouldn't be so sure about that," sagot niya, smiling cryptically as if may inside joke na siya lang ang nakakaalam.

His statement confused me. So sa lagay na 'yan, hindi pa seryoso si Kuya Paul? I was really curious. I wanted to know the identity of the girl who caught Kuya Paul's attention. Pihikan kasi 'yon. Sobra. Sure, he's milder than Mathev, and he acts nice and friendly all the time, but that's exactly his game.

Magtatanong sana ako kay Kuya Andrei kaso bigla naman namin nakasalubong si Kuya Jacob. He must've come from an intense basketball practice 'cause I could still see the sheen of sweat on his forehead, even the quick rise and fall of his shoulders with his every breath.

He grinned at us, his usual mischievous one, when he approached us.

"Bro," bati lang ni Kuya Andrei, nodding. He clapped Kuya Jacob's shoulder before going off to his car.

My gaze wandered back to Kuya Jacob.

"How long will you be gone?"

"Three days."

His grin widened. Hinampas ko ang braso niya.

"Don't look so happy about it. Remember, may atraso ka sa 'kin."

Something flashed in his eyes, an indication na alam niya yung tinutukoy ko, and then he frowned.

Kuya Jacob ran a hand through his hair, looking somewhat guilty. "About that, sis. Sorry pala. It wasn't my intention to ignore you like that. I was mad and without meaning to, I took it out on you. That was wrong. I'm sorry."

"That's it?" biro ko. "Wala man lang bribe?"

He laughed and then pinched the bridge of my nose. "Fine. I'll take you out on a date next week. Banapple good?"

At that, I nodded, grinning.

"Call. Next Sunday!" I said in excitement. "Subukan mong ipagpalit ako sa mga barkada mo, yari ka."