Melodie's Christmas

Despite of the genre, this story does not glorify any serial killer, murder, and other violent acts.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Melodie's Christmas

Status: Completed
Date Started: December 8, 2020
Date Ended: December 8, 2020

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

╔═════ೋೋ═════╗

DISCLAIMER:

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and events are fictitous, unless otherwise stated. Any resemblance to a real person, living or dead, or actual event is purely coincidental.

All rights reserved. No parts of this story may be reproduced, distributed or transmitted in any form or by any means, without the prior permission of the author.

╚═════ೋೋ═════╝

---

"I can't wait for Christmas Eve!" Clea muttered.

"I also can't wait for this class to end," Melodie answered while giving her a sarcastic smile. 

The lass only gritted her teeth while patiently waiting for the clock to ring. Mind you, it's the 24th of December. Melodie let out a sigh and prepared her things. Class is about to end, everyone starts talking about their vacation and stuff. 

"I'm finally meeting my girl's parents!"

"It's me and my jowa, wah!"

"Gonna have a White Christmas if I catch my flight."

She only rolled her eyes while her ears were grasping some annoying whispers. Not that she cares. She darted her gaze at everyone giggling with happiness while talking about a perfect Christmas. 

"What's good about Christmas anyway?" she whispered to herself.

'I mean, not long enough you'll just end up screaming in pain while my hands are strangling your neck with a rope,' Melodie thought. 

"Hey, Mel. D-Did you hear? There was another victim," Clea called out of the blue. 

The curve of her lips slowly rose but she hid it immediately. Clea didn't notice how loud her voice was— gaining their classmate's attention. Most of them are shaking in fear, some just didn't care, and there are ones who are pretty much chilling and goofing around— as if they don't believe a thing on the news. 

"Clea, what did it say?" someone asked.

Clea cleared her throat. "It was Cindy, she disappeared like a ghost for days and until now she's still missing. The news updated just a minute ago that her body was found. The headline says about how her throat was slashed brutally."

"They thought that it's nothing but a simple robbery case. Her customized watch is the only thing that was stolen. She must've resisted, that's why..." Clea's voice croaked.

Melodie rolled her eyes mentally. Everyone gasped in an exaggerated manner as they started murmuring. A minute passed until their teacher finally dismissed the class. Everyone exited the room with a worried face.

'So basically they are frightened to be the next victim, huh? Pathetic,' Melodie thought again.

"Melodie, please think about my offer to join us. You'll be spending Christmas alone again. Mum would be pleased if you'll come!"