charm of the evening

"..But you know you should come with us because you need a break!" said my long time friend Khloe on the other side of the phone.

"I know right! but exams are coming near and I have 4 assignments to complete and I am so worried about it" I said.

"Oh! come on Sandy I haven't done a single assignment and it is one month to exams so just chill and join us in the evening"Khloe insisted.

Hmm..well she's right "Ok fine but where and when?"

"At 7 o'clock and you know where!"
She is referring to our favourite pizza restaurant La Zoccola.

"Ahh..you know this! I could never say no to La Zoccola." I said with a smile on my face."

"Ok then see you Sandra!"

"See you soon Koko!"I hung up the phone smiling and saw a customer coming in my nail salon.

"I am an 18 year old college student living in amsterdam, away from my parents. To meet my expenses and to pay my bills I am working as a part time nail tech but once i complete my graduation I will do something else cause I can't manage the relationships with my clients or sometimes the drama." I thought to myself.

After attending the client I decided to go home and change for going out with my friends.So now its 6 o'clock and I am putting all the things in the place and then I locked the door and put the keys in my pocket. I walked forward to my bicycle and started riding it.

I reached home and put the keys and side bag on the couch.I am feeling a little bit tired already. I think I need to take a shower and get ready.

I went into the bathroom and saw my tired face in the mirror which has dark circles because of the few sleepless nights.Anyway. Just enjoy the shower!

After taking shower I came into my bedroom and started finding the tube top which Khloe gifted me.. I wore the colourful striped tube top and jeans.

I saw Khloe coming from far away and waved at her. She waved at me too.

"Hayeee!! how are you?" Khloe asked.

"You know I'm not"

"Yep I know but what is the reason?"

"First let's go in the restaurant"

"Well ok"

We walked into the restaurant and took sits in the corner, which is our favourite table and we have a lots of memories there. We sat there while waiting for two other friends.

"What would you order today?" I asked while looking into the menu.

"First tell me what's going on? why are you sad?"

"I am not really clear about it but I feel like I'm depressed beacuse of college life and more than that, because of my professional life at nail salon!"

"But you are such a wonderful nail tech and you love to do nailart..don't you?"

"Yes I do! But the fellow artists are not so friendly to me and they just keep gossiping about me..and sometimes client are also rude! It seems like it is fun and stuff being a nail tech but it isn't actually.But I'll have to continue doing it because I have no other options"

"Oh I see. But you are posting your nail videos on youtube also then why don't you choose youtube as a career option? That will be easier for you as you won't have to deal with clients!"

"I know but the income from youtube that I'm receiving is not enough but I will give it a thought. Thanks for suggesting." I said feeling emotional.

After some time the other two friends came and we enjoyed some food and drinks.

I was riding my baby pink bicycle to home and thinking about what to do with my life anymore..I feel like I am very slow compared to my other friends,in terms of  life.I can't feel happy anymore because I keep thinkng about the things I don't have or some lucky people who are born blessed..

"Ooooouucchhhhhh" I felt another bicycle hit my bicycle and I fell down.

The next thing I notice when I stood up, I was on the bridge and I noticed the person lying on his bicycle who hit me.

"Are you blind or something?"I asked with anger in my voice.

He stood up."I didn't hit you okay? You better watch your-"

We could not speak any further when we saw each other. His mouth was open and he was staring me. I was also looking at him or more like in his beautiful eyes. The eyes that has the ocean of emotions inside them. I have never seen the eyes more beautiful than his.

After seeing each other for 10 seconds into the eyes, I said "I mean-" and we broke the contact and started looking around.

"I mean.. I just didn't see you."

"That's alright. I was in hurry too." He said with a smile on his face." Are you ok girl?" He asked politely.

"Oh yes! And what about-" I suddenly saw a cut on his palm where it was bleeding!!

Author's Note

Hey guys! Did you like the first chapter of the story? If you did please like,comment and share it with your friends!

Also this is my first time writing a story/fan fiction and I am not a native speaker of english. So if there are any mistakes/suggestions you can tell me:)

7th Dec 2020.