The weeping Walls

As I walked down the corridor, the long, dark corridor the dirty floor creaked and groaned under my weight as the wood had rotted away by the dripping water from the broken roof. At the end of the corridor I could see a large red, rusty door. I slowly edged closer to it, I tried to open the door but it was locked I added a bit of force and it fell down with a loud crash, dust and metal exploded towards my face, I cleaned myself up and entered the room. It looked like a war occurred in it, the fine red leather armchairs and sofa were now ripped up, the beautiful Krystal chandelier was lying on the floor, broken and the stained glass window at the far side of the room was now lying on the floor in pieces. All over the walls there were portraits, dozens of weeping eyes stared down at me as I walked, glass crunching underneath my feet. Even though I was the only one in the massive, abandoned castle it felt like someone or something was watching me. I walked up to the empty window frame and gazed down with amazement and terror at the castle ruins below me, the castle which was so colourful, happy and inhabited. The breeze sent shivers down my spine it was like the feeling you get when there is a soul present, a soul of one of the many people which perished within these grounds. I looked back at the wall full of weeping faces, as if they knew what went on here, as if they experienced it.