➽Chapter 28

The whole family was sitting for dinner and Samay and Meher were motioning each other to speak up

Erisha who saw them said, "You know Sam and Mimi bhabhi you both can stop nudging each other and speak up. We won't kill you promise."

"IappliedforlondonschoolofmusicandIgotselectedsoIhavetoleaveforlondonbysunday"Samay said in one breath.

"Sam relax and speak properly.", Tripti his mom said and Samar sighed, "Mom, I had applied for London school of music and I got selected so I have to leave for London by Sunday."

Everyone stared at him and Meher tapped on his thigh to speak further. So Samay continued, "And Meher has received an offer to be the lead dancer and actress in India's first dance movie."

Meher was going to speak about the divorce when he held her hand and shook his head in denial.

"Omg, Mimi bhabhi you will become a superstar!!!", Erisha screamed in excitement.

"Okay Samay going to London is okay but Mimi dancing? I don't feel it right. " Rajveer Chauhan, now the eldest male in the house spoke.

"When did you both plan this and why weren't we asked our opinions atleast?", Ranveer, his father asked.

"Dad we both are adults and capable to take decisions for our lives." Samay countered.

"But you both are married and the daughter in laws of our family are our pride they don't dance in movies like some actress. Being a Chauhan Bahu is a respectable position. ", Tripti said.

Adhyan sighed at this mentality which was going on from years in his so called modern family and spoke, "What if Erisha would have wanted to work in a movie? She would have been allowed because she is the daughter and Mimi isn't allowed because she is a daughter in law. This is bullshit chachi."

"Samay also spoke about him going to London but you didn't even question that, why? Just because he is a son and he can do whatever he wishes? This is so wrong yaar.", Dishank added.

"Wahi na, why can't we normalise people working on their dreams after marriage? Why do dreams get a full stop after marriage especially for a woman? Ma we all have known about Mimi bhabhi's dream to become an established dancer since she was a child. Now that she is getting a chance, why can't she grab it?" Erisha also added her opinion.

"I agree with the kids, Mimi has the same rights as Reva and Vritika. If they both can work towards their dreams in their field why can't Mimi? Just because her profession isn't some corporate job? That's wrong." Tripti, Dishank's mom spoke.

Dishank saw his mother with a surprise seeing her supporting Meher and also Vritika indirectly.

"Guys! Cool down. We can discuss this calmly.", Revati said seeing everyone getting hyper.

Samay sighed seeing the drama and spoke, "Maa, dad we didn't tell you about this not because you don't mean anything to us. We just thought that we had some right on our own life. We weren't allowed to decide our life partners as you all had decided it since our birth but we thought we are atleast allowed to choose our dreams."

"What is Sam talking about marriage? Weren't Sam and Meher dating each other before marriage?" Vritika whisper asked Revati who shrugged not knowing anything.

"Why are we yelling for something that is already done? Even if you both don't like Samay is still leaving for London on Sunday and Meher is still doing the movie. So stop being upset and accept their decision.It's not like they are getting divorced. " Sushila told Tripti and Ranveer to which the two sighed.

"If only they knew." Meher murmured and Samay glared at her.

Finally after a whole lot of drama, the Chauhan family had accepted that Samay is going to London for minimum six months and Meher was going to do the movie.

✦✧✦✧

The younger clan was sitting in the garden as usual when Erisha asked, "I agree ki you both didn't tell this to the elders but why weren't we not informed?"

"Ya atleast I would have been prepared for a drama.", Revati joked.

"I had no clue about the movie until my birthday. Apparently, Sam had sent my video for audition without my knowledge. So yeah it was a surprise for me as well.", Meher said glancing at Samay.

Samay then retorted, "Says the person who had applied for scholarship in London music school on my behalf."

"Ha so, you were moping around the house after you realised that Ashley won't be giving you a music contract. I was just being a good wife and supporting you in your dream. ", Meher glared at him.

"Toh I was also being a good husband and supporting you in your dream when you forgot about it and all of a sudden turned a housewife." Samay replied with a huff.

Dishank just smacked on Samay's head and spoke, "You both are the first couple who are fighting because you surprised each other and helped in taking a step towards their dream."

"Its called being in love Dish, this two are like this since childhood. You should have known till now." Adhyan spoke as he came with ice cream for everyone.

Vritika then asked all of a sudden,"Samay what did you mean when you said not getting married to someone of our choice? Weren't you two dating before marriage?"

"Woh... Bhabhi ignore it....you know na he speaks umm nonsense.", Meher fumbled and a doubtful Vritika nodded.

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

Hey guys, first of all sorry for not updating yesterday.
I had written the whole update but then I fell asleep and forgot to save, so I had to rewrite the update.
Then when I wrote it for the second time my wattpad was having some problems and half my update went missing.
So I had to write this for the third time.
Also, I'll try to update next part tonight or by tomorrow afternoon.

Do vote, comment and share.

Love,
Writer!