01

[first serious story on here]
Enjoy~~
-
♡︎♥︎♡︎♥︎♡︎♥︎10 years earlier ♥︎♡︎♥︎♡︎♥︎♡︎

(Y/n) (L/n) your average 9 year old, well that's what it would seem. In fact she is just a standard child but she has a heart of gold although not many people had noticed at this age since she was really shy. Although the people she did meet got drawn in, so did one boy in particular.

(Y/n) doesn't really have many friends around her age so instead she spent her free time helping the elderly with chores and simple tasks that would occur as difficult for them. This may seem like a bore to some but she loved to help and therefor she saw the elderly as her friends.

Her mother on the other hand was a social butterfly, she really looked up to her. (Y/n) wanted to be like her mother since her mom was nice to everyone, and to (y/n) she was the strongest person in the world as she always kept a smile on her face even after (y/n)'s father had passed away.

One day (y/n) was walking home from helping the elderly as usual. She happily skipped by the park until she heard shouting and crying, it made her jump a little but she got closer to investigate.

Once she saw the scene in front of her she was shocked, a purple haired boy was being beaten up by three boys around the same age as him. (Y/n)'s feet started to move without a second thought. Then as if it were seconds later she was in front of the purple haired boy with her arms out to protect him, tears streamed down the frail girls face "p-please stop fighting.." she mustered out between sobs.

The three boys backed up a bit as they where shocked of the sight before them. "Are you friends with this dweeb?!" One boy directed a question toward me.

"I- uh no... I just don't like it when people fight.." she said quietly but the boys heard. another boy stepped up and pushed the girl to the ground.

She yelped and then the purple boy took the lead and punched the boy in the face "Don't push a girl like that!!!!" He shouted and the boy cried.

The three boys ended up running away claiming to tell their mothers. The purple haired boy turned toward the (h/c) headed girl "hey are you okay?" He asked concern laced within his words. He lent her a hand.

(Y/n) grabbed his hand "y-yeah, thank you" she said with a sincere smile plastered on her face.

"I should be thanking you" the boy rubbed his nose and grinned, she tilted her head in confusion.

The boy giggled "because you came to help me when no one else would" he said and kept a huge grin on his face while the frail girl smiled softly back at him.

"I- I'm (y/n) , (y/n) (l/n). It's a pleasure to meet you" she uttered in a soft voice almost angelic.

The boy was awestruck for a second then shook his head "Reita! Reita Toritsuka" he said with a smile still plastered on his face as if it were permanent.

"So (y/n) want to hang out with me?" He asked happily, the smaller girl had a soft blush on her face as no one had ever asked her to hang out, she softly nodded in response. "Great!" The boy spoke his voice laced with happiness, he grabbed the smaller girls hand and started leading her somewhere.

They came to a spot with a bunch of cherry blossom trees, it was a small spot to say the least but it was a place Toritsuka liked to go when he was bored. It wasn't a well known spot but that's what made the place a lot better.

"You don't speak much do you?" Toritsuka questioned her. She shook her head, "any reason?" He asked.

"I.. I'm just- I don't really have any friends" she said and looked at the ground, tapping her fingers together.

"Hey! That's mean am I not your friend~" the taller boy teased, she giggled softly

"if you want to be I'd love that" she smiled she thought 'wow my first friend this is amazing, thank you Reita Toritsuka'. She put on a calm front but she was bubbling up inside.

"Of course I want to be friends silly" he said grinning and she hugged him as she couldn't keep her emotions contained any more.

"Thank you toritsu-kun" she said as she gave him a nickname. Toritsuka couldn't help but slightly blush.

Little did he know the words that he uttered to her would last for eternity.

In short from this day forward the two became super close friends, they where never separated until one faithful day.

"Rei-kun I d-don't- I can't leave" (y/n) cried into her best friends chest. It turns out she had to move as her mother had found a job some place else. But it wasn't as easy as a few hours away, they where moving countries.

"Listen (y/n), one day you'll come back right? So we'll be together again. Please don't cry" the medium spoke softly and whipped away her tears, she nodded in return.

Toritsuka started rummaging through his pockets until he found what he was looking for. "Okay hold out your hand" he said and she did so, he placed a necklace with a heart on it in the palm of her hand. " I got it one day when my mom took me shopping, I want you to have it so you remember me okay!" He said clearly holding back tears.

(Y/n) clutched the necklace and the put it on, she was crying more than before. Then her mother came "(y/n) come onnnnn! We're gonna miss our flight!" She shouted.

Then (y/n) looked at Toritsuka "I guess this is goodbye for now rei-kun, please stay safe" she said softly and kissed the taller boy on the cheek and quickly ran off.

Toritsuka waved and stood in shock, his other hand caressing the check she kissed and his face as red as a tomato. "Until we meet again..." he whispered.

——————————
Ahhhh I'm sorry it was so bad :,)
♡︎❤︎♡︎
But next chapter will be in the present!