Copa-Conundrum

NYC, 1978

Orchestrated merengue music played in the background at the illustrious "Copa-Copacabana" when shots were let off over a nice young dancer at the club. Little was known about the would-be culprit at the time of the shooting. It seemed like a typical Tuesday night, cocktails grabbing your feet after every step you take, speakers pushing 90 bpm through the bodies of the crowd and rose-red dresses grinding against any pair of firm feet they could find.

Not a soul in the room could have predicted the monstrous events that would befall their evening..

After a man known by the alias "Rico" turned up the Copa with a few spotted bottles around the club, he found himself taking fancy to a petite showgirl, Lola. She finishes her dance to Rico calling her over and putting hands where they don't belong. Long story short, Lola's bar tending glock-strapped boyfriend, Tony, threw Rico around a little bit before lodging one right into his solar plexus.. No more Rico.

As with most gang affiliates, cartels get along well with retaliation too.

About 5 years go by, Rico's in a river, Tony's at a new bar and Lola is still strutting her stuff at the Copa. Word gets out where Tony's been hiding due to one of Rico's acquaintances from the night of the shooting spotting him. Guns blazing, the 6IX9INE cartel mowed poor Tony down before he could crack his last cold one. Lola went on to morn the loss of her beloved for 30+ years, but to this day is looking for music and passion at the hottest spot north of Havana.

By Tanner Freeman.