three

chapter three
"have fun, boys"

chapter three"have fun, boys"

      LUNCHTIME.

      ABSOLUTE MADNESS, IF YOU think about it. Having to pick precisely the perfect seat, because how the rest of your school career will go heavily depends on it. For instance, say you pick the table with all of the band and choir geeks — you're quite literally marked for unpopularity for the rest of the time you're at that school.

      Lynn had made that mistake at her second new school, because not a single soul would talk to her other than if they were in band or choir. It was like she was marked with the 'I'm a geek so no cool kids are allowed within five feet of me' logo.

      With a blue lunch tray gripped tightly in Lynn's hands, her eyes wondered the practically full of smelly and obnoxious teenagers. She swallowed some spit in the back of her throat, she was nervous, to say the least.

      But, a wave of relief flooded her system when her eyes landed on the familiar buzz-cut and floppy haired boys she had greeted in Chemistry.

     "Lynn! Hi!" Yelled out Stiles, who was now reaching a bit out of his seat to greet Lynn, and she let out a little contagious laugh when she saw just how excited he looked.

      Lynn was convinced, there couldn't be a terrible logo that would be stamped on her back from Stiles and Scott, right?

      So, she moved her way across the lunchroom and arrived at Stiles and Scott's table. Lynn placed down her plastic tray of food, and took a seat beside Stiles, who switched over to Scott with a wild grin written on his face.

      "You're lucky you're cute," Lynn playfully teased, shifting her elbow to joking hit Stiles' in the arm. She then peeled open her cup of oranges, and took a spoonful of the delicious fruit. "How was your weekend?"

      "Oh, you know, just great," Scott nodded repeatedly, and Lynn narrowed her eyes a bit at his reaction — almost like he was hiding something. It was a full moon last night, so he was probably trying to act as normal as possible. "You?"

      Lynn's mind fluttered back to the charming young man she had run into out in the forest, but quickly took control of her thoughts, shoving him deep into the back of her mind.

      "Uneventful," Lynn shrugged, taking another bite of her oranges.

      Lynn was startled a bit when a chair shifted right beside her, and she saw a strawberry blonde take a seat beside her. Then her eyes switched over to a dark brunette girl taking the available seat over by Scott, and Lynn flashed them both polite smiles. When the strawberry blonde girl took notice of Lynn, she let out a little gasp, a playful one, almost.