four

chapter four
"17"

      "C'MON, IS THAT THING EVEN a teenager? I wanna see a birth certificate!"

Lynn cringed up her face when she saw yet another Beacon Hills lacrosse player colliding with the ground in a not so soft way. Lydia sitting beside her made a groaning noise when she glanced over to the scoreboard, they were losing by three.

      It was now much later in the day, darkness had taken over and the only lights were those shining brightly on the field. Beacon Hills was completely getting their asses kicked in the game, and Lynn was going to be a bit disappointed if her first lacrosse game was going to be a loser.

"They're just knocking them down like stupid bowling pins," Lydia grunted loudly, dropping her hands to her lap to make a slapping noise, obviously in disapproval.

"Never took you to be a sports fan," Lynn teased, bumping her shoulder into that of Lydia's, who only rolled her eyes dramatically.

"There's just something so exhilarating about hot boys running into other hot boys," Lydia grinned, but Lynn could almost tell that it was forced, sort of fake.

"Oh, yeah, I completely believe that's why you come to every game," Lynn perked both her eyebrows over towards Lydia, but then turned her attention back to the field when another whistle rung out. "You know, it's alright to just like the sport."

Lydia glanced over towards Lynn with careful eyes, but just simply pouted her lips out fully. Even for knowing her a short time, Lynn already knew how incredibly smart Lydia is, but yet she seems fancies showing herself as dumber, she wasn't quite sure.

     "Hey, you!"

      Lynn yanked her head up when she heard that familiar yelling from that annoying coach, and she was startled when she met direct eye contact with the man.

      "I saw you with McCall and Stilinski earlier! Do you play!?"

      Lynn peeled open her mouth dramatically, and only jumbled words fell. Short story, yes, she knows the rules and such of lacrosse. Long story, she was never one to be good at controlling her anger during sports.

      "DO YOU PLAY!?"

      "Yes!" Lynn yelled back out, but as soon as the word fell from her mouth, she instantly regretted it. "Yes, I know how to freaking play."

      "We got ourselves a player!" Coach shouted out, and Lynn only chuckled to herself in amusement at how she had pulled herself into this situation in the first place.