PROLOGUE

Here we go again, talking to the moon. Telling the moon all my problems because she listens. Maybe Mayari's listening. It's been a routine now, for 5 years?

Yep it's been 5 years.

I've been in love with him since the 8th grade. It fucking sucks. I'm 18 and here I am still in love with someone for 5 years.

I've heard all the rumors and they're all true. Seen all the girls he's dated. Watched him with another girl whether he was still in school or not. They all came and go. I tried so hard to love myself because of him.

I hate the fact that sometimes I'd have to be around him. The fact that I'd have to be in the same room as him. The same house, or in the  same car.

Sometimes I think to myself if he's ever thinks of me, the same way I think of him.

"Moon, why does it have to be this way? I hate it. I hate that at the end of the day I can never be mad at him. That I'm still in love with him. I say no to all the guys who want me, who want a chance in loving me, but I can't because of him."

"When will that day be? The day Donato Antonio Laxa Pangalinan says he feels the same. Everything breaks me. Why? Why do I feel this way when I shouldn't. I'm mostly just a friend or nothing to him."

"I can never get myself to tell him how I feel. Watch him break my heart then and there. Oh but I would if I could. I'm too extroverted. I could right now but I can't. A simple, call, text, FaceTime, "Hey Donny can you pick me up?" That's all it could take"

"It's never going to be me and I need to accept that. Shouldn't I move on? I've believed for such a long time that he'd be the one. Maybe he isn't, he'll never be. I don't believe in fate. That kind of fate"

"MOON WHY AM I MAEVE VICTOIRE GARCIA PEREZ SIMPING SO HARD FOR SOME FUCKING GUY? I WANT ANSWERS PLEASE"

"Shit by bad for going all out. I just needed a moment. Too much white claw I guess"

"I guess that's it for now. Well thank you for listen to me moon. I hope you don't get tired of hearing me rant about the same guy. Goodnight"