five

chapter five
"little wolf and wet dog"

      "STILES! WHERE IS YOUR SCRAWNY little pale ass!"

       Lynn huffed out in annoyance when she once again heard no response, and her eyes were flickering to every crook and corner of the ominous looking school. Every hallway was dark, where no lights remained on other than the moonlight seeping through the windows. She just had a bad feeling growing in the pit of her stomach, from the creepy looking shadows lurking in the school.

      "Stiles! I'm not joking around, if you pop out from one of these corners I'm gonna rip your throat out, with my teeth!" Lynn's voice echoed several times throughout the hallway, and she huffed out while crossing her arms over her chest. "You're probably just back at home, all cuddled up in a soft blanket, watching Netflix, which is exactly what I should be—"

      Lynn stopped dead in her tracks when her eyes landed on the open door of the principals office, with the keys Stiles had managed to steal still in the door knob. He wouldn't purposely leave the door open and the keys behind as evidence, it didn't seem like a thing Stiles would do.

      So, Lynn closed her eyes to focus in on her hearing — if Stiles was still in the school, she would hear his heartbeat. She was a bit relieved the second her left ear heard a heartbeat, but that once relieved expression shifted in confusion. Two heartbeats, no, three, wait a second, there's four.

      Lynn didn't know why there would be four heartbeats in one single area down the hallway to her right, so she fished her phone out of her back pocket and quickly dialed Scott while carefully walking towards where she hears the constant beats. Two were exhilarated, one was steady, and the other was slower than usual, but still had one.

      It rung once before the teenager werewolf answered, but he only said one swift sentence before hanging up. "I can't talk right now!"

      "Sco—shit!" Lynn grumbled once she heard the familiar ring of the call being ended, and as much as she didn't like going into an unknown situation with no backup, she was genuinely worried about Stiles. "Well, here we go."

      Lynn let out a heavy breath of nervous air, and swallowed some spit in the back of her throat, then she slowly crept her way down the darkened hallway towards the heartbeats. They were getting louder and louder by the second, and that was when she realized she had made it down to the pools.

      She peaked her head in this small little square of a window, only her forehead and eyes barely visible to anyone in the pool area. Her ocean blue eyes went wide as saucers as she spotted a familiar blonde — one Scott had mentioned was now a werewolf as well. The girl, Erica, was unconscious, and Lynn figured that the slow heartbeat belonged to her. Her eyes scanned the rest of the area, but she didn't see much due to the window being so incredibly small.