The Prophecy, Harry Potter, and The Dursleys

When Lord Voldemort first heard the prophecy he knew who it was talking about. Harry James Potter and himself. So, on Hallow's Eve night, October 31st, 1981, he went to the Potter's house in Godric's Hallow to try and kill the 1-year-old Harry Potter. Little did he know that a certain light wizard was tipped off about Voldemort's plan. Professor Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, Headmaster of Hogwarts, arrived too late. Lily and James Potter were already dead. The silence that was in Godric's Hallow was soon broken when a baby started to cry. Dumbledore walked up the broken steps of James and Lily Potter's house and into a nursery were in a crib was baby Harry Potter was crying at his mother lying dead on the floor in front of him. When Albus went over to the child he looked perfectly fine. Except for one thing. On this child's forehead was a lightning-shaped scar. Dumbledore grabbed Harry and apparated to #4 Privet Drive, Surrey in England. This was the home of Vernon, Petunia, and Dudley Dursley. They are the only living family of Harry Potter. Petunia is Lily's muggle sister, Vernon is Petunia's husband, he works in a very large drill company. Together they have a son named Dudley. He has a group of his friends that are like his "minions." Dumbledore knew that Petunia and Vernon loved their "Duddleykins" and that they wouldn't treat Harry well at all because he had wizard parents and that would PROBABLY make Harry a wizard too. But that would be all part of Albus' plan. His plan would be to have Harry been treated poorly so that he would have needed a person to look up to, someone to talk to, someone to 'trust'. Then he could use Harry to defeat He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named and all before he gets his inheritance at the age of 15. All in good time would he, Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, would be the greatest wizard of all time. But, that would be in the future.

Dumbledore- 'If they refuse I'll just bribe them' he smirked.

Professor Dumbledore knocked on the door of Harry's Aunt, Uncle, and Cousin. Petunia answer the door and said,

Petunia- "Um. Hello? Who are you? And why are you at my house at this time?"

Dumbledore- "Hello Mrs. Dursley. I am Albus Dumbledore, Headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. I am here on behalf of your sister Lily Potter."

Petunia- "Oh her... What did she do this time?" 'I hope she got herself blown up' 

Dumbledore- "Well, if I am allowed to come in and chat with you and your husband that would be greatly appreciated speaking that it is very late at night and it is getting colder as we speak."

Petunia- "O-of course Headmaster."

Dumbledore- "Call me Albus, dearie."

{When they got into the living room}

Petunia- "Vernon! We have a visitor!"

Vernon- "Coming, my dear!" 'Who the h3ll is in my home this time of night!?!?!?' He yelled to himself as he walked down the stairs and into his living room when he saw a silvery haired man sitting on his couch holding a light-blue blanket with something inside.

Dumbledore- "Ah Mr. Dursley, thank you for graciously welcoming me into your home at this time."

Vernon- "And who are you sir?"

Dumbledore- "Of course. Introductions are important as I always say. I am Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, Headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. The reason I am here because your wife's sister, Lily Potter, was killed tonight by the darkest wizard known to mankind, Lord Voldemort. Because you are the only living family of Harry James Potter, Lily and James Potter's child, legally, you are now his protector. But, I need him to be weak." He grinned saying the last part.

Petunia- "So, what are you implying?"

Dumbledore- "You need to @buse him. He needs to be weak and broken so that I can manipulate him to defeat Lord Voldemort. It will all come into plan soon enough." Dumbledore said with a twinkle in his eye.

Vernon- "NO!!! We won't do it! We have an amazing reputation in this town! I refuse to be associated with that FREAK!!!!!!" Vernon yelled so loud that birds were flying out of the trees around their house.

Dumbledore- "Ah. Had a feeling you would say that. But, would you do it for money? 10,000£ to be exact."  Dumbledore said, slightly smirking.

Vernon looked at Petunia with a gleam in his eyes.

Vernon- "YES YES YES!!!"

Petunia- "Wa-"

Vernon- "Be quiet Petunia. We've already accepted Mr. Dumbledore's offer."

Dumbledore- "Good. A black and gray owl will come every month with $10,000. Oh and here is little Harry. Just one thing, he has a scar on his forehead, don't worry about that. When he turns 11 however, he will have to go to Hogwarts and will learn magic, he will also have to come back every summer but the good part for you is that each summer you'll get more money. And he might also perform accidental magic starting at the ages 1 to 3. But if anything gets destroyed or someone gets injured in or outside of your family, it will be taken care of. And Petunia, do explain this to your son in the morning. Any questions?" He asked the Dursleys with their shocked faces asking themselves how that man, and an old man at that, could say all that without stammering and in one breath. 

Vernon- "Yes, what do you mean by 'accidental magic'?"

Dumbledore- "Right. Accidental magic is where a witch or wizard might show early signs of magic from ages 1 to 3 with things like breaking a vase without touching it, or making something solid, like a window, disappear then reappear. But, if anything like that were to happen it will be taken care of. Anything else?"

Petunia- "Okay. Thank you, Albus." 'I refuse to hurt a child. I'm going to give him the best childhood ever. And it will be real. I don't care about money. Just the safety of the child.'

Dumbledore- "Well then. I'll be taking my leave then." Albus Dumbledore started walking to the door waving his hand to the Dursleys.

*So for the next 13\14 years Vernon physically, verbally, and mentally abused Harry. Petunia explained to Dudley what Harry had been through and not to hurt him. So in secrecy, Petunia and Dudley helped Harry after one of his Uncle's beatings. Until one day...*

1084 words