six

chapter six
"a kanima"

      "OKAY, OKAY, I DON'T THINK I can do this much longer

"OKAY, OKAY, I DON'T THINK I can do this much longer."

Lynn groggily peeled open her ocean blue eyes, them fluttering for a second while she tried pulling her head up from the water so she could hear. The deep cuts on her leg weren't healing, and even if they were, her body was really taking its time repairing them — she wasn't sure if it was the water or what, but she was losing a lot more blood than what she first imagined.

"We just gotta stay afloat, Stiles," Lynn murmured out, wishing she still had that amusement written in her voice from a few hours ago, but that had all flooded her system when she realized she was only getting worse.

"No, no, no. Don't even think about it!" Derek yelled out, and Lynn jerked her head up to see what the two boys were complaining about, and her eyes landed on the way Stiles was staring at something off in the distance, then she realized what it was, it was his phone.

"Would you just trust me this once?" Stiles spluttered out with a mouth full of water, and Lynn could tell, he was losing just as much strength as well, they weren't going to be staying afloat much longer when all of Lynn's blood was dispersing into the chlorine water and Stiles is merely a human.

"No!" Shouted Derek, and Lynn managed to kick the man in the back of his shin for being so harsh, earning a sharp glare from Derek, but then she quickly paid her attention back to swimming.

"We're the ones keeping you alive, okay, have you noticed that?" Stiles retorted, his face cringing up as he seemingly swallowed some of the chlorine water.

"Yeah, and when the paralysis wears off, who is gonna be able to fight that thing, you or me?" Derek countered, and just as Lynn peeled open her mouth to interject, he continued. "And Evelynn's damn near about to bleed to death, she can't fight that thing."

"Okay, now I'm alright with drowning the wet dog," Lynn spoke up, but even as much as she wanted to deny the fact that she could still fight off that creature, Derek was right, she just didn't have the strength to do anything useful like fight off a shapeshifting snake right now.

"So, that's why I've been holding you the past two hours?" Stiles questioned, completely ignoring Lynn's comment about letting Derek drown.

"You guys don't trust me, I don't trust you. But you need me to survive, which is why you are not letting me go," Derek explained, but then Lynn's eyes went wide as she knew exactly what Stiles was about to do, and just as she was about to interject, it was already too late.