Another Dablyn 1-Shot lol

(This one actually has fighting in it, so it will resemble more traits of an actual episode from MHA. I hope that's cool with everyone who reads this. I think the dynamic I created is kinda wonky though, but it suits my OC's moody character.)

Bending Both Sides

[ACTION]

"This isn't about you, Dabi. I have a job to do." Diamond huffed tartly, dodging the azure flames spewing from the hands of her nemesis. "I'm sick of you flipping sides, you can't be buddies with All Might and Tomura at the same time." Dabi sneered bluntly. "So what if I don't fit in? It's called free will. I don't think you've heard of it enough." She appropriated the hood of a nearby car into a shield and molded it with her hands. As his flames became more volatile, the antihero gripped its handle tightly. "I'm more than diffidence around the League now. Let alone you, Dabi. I'm not gonna let my neighborhood get attacked because someone didn't have enough money to pay up for something stupid they were too naive to agree to." Diamond remarked before slamming her body into a street light. The metal bender rolled her eyes at falling on her back.

"You're still weak, dollface." He commented at his recumbent enemy. "We could train later if you change your mind about going back and forth with the sides." The arsonist suggested with a facetious smirk. She scoffed and stood up quickly. "I still don't think you understand who you're dealing with, Barbecue. I'm used to being underestimated and tractable when I'm not. Heroes, villains, there's no real difference anymore. All they want is power, in the end. I just want balance." Diamond huffed, throwing the shield like a disc. At that point, she could only hope that it would hit the side of his head.

"Really? Fetch? I'm not a dog, doll." Dabi snickered and caught the metal, burning it to ash in his hands. "Just leave this place alone, alright?" The antihero pleaded, "You and the League already did enough to my grandfather." Her brown eyes glowing with insidious intentions.

"It was a mistake, they mixed him up with someone else. You know that." Dabi argued and spewed more flames at her from his hands. "That doesn't make a difference to me. He was the only grandfather I had left and you just-" Diamond remarked angrily before bursting into tears. As the black-haired antihero was ignoring the penitent look in his turquoise eyes, she didn't notice she was crying. The personable villain sympathetically reached out a hand to her but she swatted it away. "Don't touch me." The metal bender yelled and stepped back. I didn't know she cared so much... He thought to himself, startled by the angry reaction. Diamond took out a piece of scrap metal out of one of the pockets of her costume and expanded its size. "You're making a sword, huh? Isn't that a little old-school?" Dabi raised an eyebrow.

"You don't get to criticize my fighting style." She grunted and snuck behind him. He gasped at being suddenly held with the makeshift sword looming close to his neck. "Wow, princess. I underestimated you." Dabi mused. "Of course you did." Diamond retorted. The sun started to rise and the antihero sighed at the sight in relief. "Game over, it's daylight. Go back to the shadows where you belong." She hissed, holding the sword closer to his skin. "I won't go easy on you next time." He half-flirted. "That was going easy? I can't wait to defeat you at your full power." The metal bender teased with just as much blithe as he disappeared into the nearest alley.

"I won't go easy on you next time." If there is a next time. Diamond thought to herself, amused. Now, to check on my family. Make sure no one's hurt...

To be continued...