eight

chapter eight
"I really want to kill you"

      "IF WE'RE DOING A STUDY group, why didn't we just stay in the library?"

     Lynn awkwardly glanced towards both Stiles and Allison, clicking her tongue on the roof of her mouth while she waited for someone to blurt out a lie. Currently, Lynn, Stiles, Allison, Lydia, and Jackson were all heading over to Scott's house in an attempt at hiding Lydia from the blood thirsty werewolves that belong in Derek's pack.

      Even though Scott had tried talking Derek down, he was absolutely convinced that Lydia had to be the kanima due to the fact she failed the test — she wasn't paralyzed when that venom touched her tongue.

      "Because we're meeting up with somebody else," Stiles directed, gently patting the red jacket Lydia was wearing, pursing his faint pink lips together while anxiously glancing down sideway hallways.

      "Hmm, well, why don't they just meet us in the library?"

      "Oh, that would've been a great idea! Too late," Stiles faked smiled in Lydia's direction.

      Then Lynn draped her arm over Lydia's shoulders causally while sending her a sideway smile. "You truly are the brightest of our grade, Lydia Martin."

      "Okay, hold on—"

      "—Lydia, shut up and walk," Jackson interrupted, hooking his fingertips tightly around Lydia's arm, shoving Lydia forward.

      And just as Lynn leapt forward to surely break Jackson's arm in two for being so rough, Allison wrapped her fingers around Lynn's wrist, pulling her to a stop. She shook her head, and the two brunettes trailed behind the rest of the group while they made it out into the school parking lot.

      They all piled into Stiles' cheap and extremely worn down Jeep, where Stiles and Lynn were up front, and Lydia, Jackson, and Allison were in the back. Lynn originally wanted to be in the back to make sure Jackson didn't try to get tough with Lydia again, but Allison insisted with the way her anger issues have been worse than usual, she should stay up front.

      After about a quick ten minute drive to Scott's house, everyone carefully piled out of the Jeep and onto the side walk. Lynn casually smelled the air, because if if Derek's pack were lurking in the bushes or such, she'd be able to catch their scent.  But there wasn't anything, which seemed to calm her bones down a bit.

     "If we're studying at Scott's house, then where's Scott?" Lydia asked, and Lynn was pleased to know that Stiles wasn't growing tired of her countless questions, because it surely seemed like the rest of them were.