Chapter 1: Fallen Trust

You opened your F/C wings to the sky, allowing the wind to rustle your feathers a bit. You loved it up here, the fresh air made you feel free, you were alive, amazed with everything you could see. Heaven was a wonderful place, an endless sky circled the earth, walking on clouds was amazing.

You were a cupid angel, it felt good, amazing even, going around and pairing people up, you were good at it, an expert even, you recently found these two girls who would be perfect for each other, they were both absolute sweethearts who enjoyed watching drama movies, they were your favorite couple yet, and you were just having fun nudging them in the right direction.

"Y/N? What is a snob like you doing here?"

You scoffed and rolled your eyes, turning around to see Eve, another cupid angel, she was human in her past life...unlike you, she worked hard to become a cupid, but was always one step behind you, you overshadowed her in everything, most couples...most liked...most compatible... everything, she hated you, but you choose to focus on other things then petty rivalry, it would be nothing but a distraction, Envy was a sin after all. She shared an unfortunate name with a sinner, so she was constantly made fun of, she stuffed her nose in books to hide, and today she was carrying a dark red book.

"I'm just...helping the humans find love!" You said, trying to be nice to her, swallowing your pride in the process.

She scoffed

"Why were you the star child, the 'chosen' one, I always worked harder and yet, you always passed me in everything." He voice cracked with rage, her heart tail thumped on the ground, you didn't have one, sometimes you wished you did

"Maybe you didn't work hard enough." You shrugged, turing back to the humans.

She cried out in rage, stomping her feet on the ground like a toddler who didn't get their way.

"You don't even care! You didn't do anything, I worked hard and never got anyway except behind you!"

"Humans aren't made to be cupid's, you were lucky to even become one, be grateful for that." You shouted back at her, your rage piling up slowly, you wished she'd leave you alone.

She huffed and opened the book, scanning over each page until she found what she was looking for. She mumbled something quiet, then started chanting, slowly getting louder and louder. The ground underneath you vanished, earth disappeared, leaving you and Eve alone in a empty realm, a pentagram appeared beneath you, flashing red nine times, it spun around and around until a hole about your size was under you, Eve stopped chanting for second.

"If your pride gets in the way of me becoming a star, then I'll show you what happens when people like you have to much pride." She whispered, kicking you.

You tumbled, down and down into the hole, you tried flapping your wings but there was no point, nothing you did could stop your fall, you glanced down, the ground was coming fast, blurring your vision as you went down.

You crashed to the ground, it didn't hurt as bad as you thought it would, but you banged your head pretty badly, your wings flopped to the side.

Get up Get up

If you passed out now there's no telling what would happen, you didn't even know where you were.

You pushed yourself off the ground, rubbing your head, it wasn't bleeding at least, but it ached in pain.

"Well well well, what do we have here, is that an angel I see? It's clearly not an exterminator, and fallen angels become demons, so how did you get down here?"

You looked up at the voice, your wings twitched in fear, your E/C eyes widened in fear. Three demons were riding in a truck, one of them held a gun, tapping it on the roof.