Chapter 1 - Sophie's Point of View

When Sophie leaped back to the pastures of Havenfield, she could sense that something was wrong. Grady was watching out the parlour's window, as if waiting for her, with a grim expression. Her triumph over the neverseen lost its significance, and she ran as fast as she could to hear what had happened this time. The only words she managed to hear before running directly to her room were "you have a letter on your bed from-".
And indeed, a letter was placed on her bed, along with Iggy's carriage. When she noticed Iggy's appearance she had to smile. The stinky imp has changed colours again, and she had to admit that it was his best look by far. The whole fur was filled with an abundance of different colours (mainly ice blue) and black stripes. Sophie had no doubt Keefe had been in her room, and finally had an explanation for Grady's face. He was probably less than thrilled to see that boy coming over. But then she remembered the letter, and her worries rushed back. She snatched it from the bed and started reading, while Sandor and Flori checking her room for intruders. Apparently they didn't like Grady's expression either.
------
By the time Sophie had finished the letter she was ready to kill somebody. How could he do this again? They were over it already, he kept insisting he learned his lesson from the experience with the neverseen, and yet there he was, leaving her again. And he had the nerve of asking her to hate him. She could never hate Keefe Sencen! Sophie couldn't decide if this time he went too far for her to forgive him when her head started spinning, and right before she collapsed on her bed, she noticed the last two words of the letter- "Love, Keefe"

Sorry this chapter is so short I promise the next ones will be a bit longer, I just couldn't think of anything to add here.