twelve

chapter twelve
"rave"

      "THERE'S GOT TO BE SOME other way to get tickets, right?"

Lynn cracked her neck off to the side while massaging it softly with one hand — somehow, whenever she was in that old Jeep of Stiles', she always got major whiplash.

Currently, the three teenagers Lynn, Scott, and Stiles were just arriving at school. The second Stiles put the rusty blue Jeep in park, Lynn was bumping to get out, the backseat always felt cramped. The boys got out basically at the same time, where Stiles had accidentally swung his door too hard and it scratched the front of his car.

"It's a wonder how you keep this car running," Lynn joked softly, crawling from the backseat over to the drivers side, getting out just as soon as Stiles did with enough time to ruff up his slowly growing hair. "But I'm sure someone's gotta be selling tickets on like, Ebay, or something."

"It's a secret show, there's only one way, and it's a secret," Stiles retorted, and Lynn sent the boy a deadpan glance and then scrunched up her nose in his direction, which he only mimicked towards her.

Lynn rolled her emerald eyes dramatically while gazing up to the school — it already seemed to be full of students even though they had got there earlier than they usually did. She adjusted her back-bag strap on her left shoulder, and trailed behind the boys.

"Hey!" A voice shouted out, and Lynn flinched from how close the sound echoed behind her. She swung on her heels to see Matt, and let out a nervous exhale of breath. "Any of you guys know why no one's getting suspended after what happened the other day at school?"

"Just forget about it," Stiles answered, clearly annoyed. And Lynn recalled how the other day he thought Matt was incredibly suspicious, and could potentially be the mastermind behind Jackson, but she didn't think so — he seemed too...cowardly, no offense. "Nobody got hurt."

"I-I had a concussion," Matt replied, and Lynn flashed him a sympathetic glance with a small smile.

"Well, nobody got seriously hurt," Stiles repeatedly, and Lynn had to drop their gazes to look at her shoes instead so she didn't accidentally let out a laugh.

"I was in the E.R. for six hours."

"Hey, do you want to know the truth, Matt? Your little bump on the head is about this high on our list of problems right now!" Stiles snapped back, bending down for a flare of dramatics to place a palm by his ankle. Lynn let out a soft chuckle, but once she realized she earned Matt's attention, she tried covering it up with a few coughs.