dance of hatred

was supposed to make this a story but i suddenly didnt want to ruin it so im making it a prompt only hehe

-----------------------------------

Set in late 1600s

Late to the party, she appears in the ballroom dressed in her finest dress, a voluminous, princess-like wine red ball gown. Seri slowly makes her way through the crowd and the crowd stares back. Probably it was because of the way she looks or the aura she exudes that got them mesmerized.

She decides to join the crowd. Secretly looking for a familiar face, she was carefully stepping down the stairs one by one. And as she reaches the last step, Seri saw the man she was supposed to avoid. Their eyes met and he begins striding towards her.

Seri inwardly cursed the Heavens for making it easy for him to spot her. After all these months of hiding from him and his power, it only took him one ball to find her.

If only I didn't have to attend this party, she mumbled under her breath.

She didn't want to come but as the representative of her late father's kingdom, she had to. The hall is full of royalty, but that moment she can only see him. Only him. If she had any less manners, she would've ran away from him. But as it is, instead of gathering her dress and moving away from him, she found herself slowly meeting his steps.

"You look splendid, my lady."

"It's a fact I will never deny." she says with her head high, trying to hide the nervousness. Months after their last meeting, he still has this effect on her. And she hates it. She shouldn't feel something like this for her enemy.

But before he could reply, the musicians already started playing as the next waltz started.

"Would you grant me the honor to dance with the most enthralling woman in this room?" he asks and Seri could only scoff.

"And why would I dance with my foe?" she spats with as much distaste she can bring.

"Just because I said so." Jeong Hyeok chuckles as he leads her around the ballroom. Leaving her no room to say no, for they attracted the attention of everyone already.

The people around watched them as they stride into the middle of the ballroom, not knowing the tension between the ex-lovers and the dance of death they are about to share. Once settled, Seri throws a challenging, cold gaze to her partner.

"I detest you."

"Oh you do? I doubt that."

"Yes. Every part of you." she said, sneering at the man who's in front of her, holding her close as they dance to the tune of waltz. With the man taking the lead and her – following his every step like a marionette held by strings.

Seri hates this feeling. She hates everything about him. She hates that he is leading. She hates this stupid ball. If only she could run away and just leave everything behind including him – but sadly, she can not. She didn't want to taint her late father's reputation. Her father, the kind and respectable king that was brutally killed.

It was her obligation to represent their kingdom, but the main reason why she's here is to avenge her father's death. Clutching the hilt of a dagger hidden in her waste band, Seri glares at the man who turned her life into a living hell. The same man who was her lover. Was is the operative word, for love vanished the moment she discovered that he is the son of her father's murderer.

"People are watching, my lady. Let's put on a show, shall we?" he spuns her around almost so gracefully, and as she came back into his arms he pulls her in dangerously close that with one wrong step, their lips will meet which could terribly ruin more her already ruined evening.

Seri worked hard not to roll her eyes for it is not a lady thing to do, especially when hundreds of people are eyeing their every little move while the music continuously plays, binding them together in a dance of hatred.

"I should've killed you when I had the chance.The way your father did to mine." Seri spats, but the brute only smirked and twirled her with the grace of a royal.

"Oh darling, we both know you are not able to do such thing. You are far from that." he smirked as he pulled back and saw her face turn red.

"We'll see about that." she glared at him.

"You give yourself too much credit, my lady. I am so threatened with what you just said." Jeong Hyeok sarcastically says, mocking her as his hand slowly slids down her back. He then gripped her waist again, pulling her in like a magnet, and gave her a peck on the lips.

That very moment, she was overcomed by her rage to the point her worst impulses were no longer prohibited. And in his surprise, she slapped him. Surprising everyone around them – but the hell she cares anymore. She felt humiliated being kissed by the son of her father's murderer, especially in front of hundreds of royals.

"I am not yours to kiss anymore, Your Highness. And mind you, that wasn't a threat." she snapped. Everyone already stopped dancing and is now watching the two argue in the middle of the ballroom.

"Then what is it, darling?" he stares at her, hurt evident on his eyes as he watches the love of his life glare at him with pain and anger in her eyes.

"It's an oath."

And by that, Seri turns her back, completely dismissing her original plan as her heart weeps with the truth that after all this time – she still loves him. But she can't let her heart take over her mind. Love is her least priority. And she thinks of a new plan with her hips swaying as she walks towards the exit of the hall, all eyes glued and awed on her, especially Jeong Hyeok's.