Chapter 13.

13一 and the road towards the north was filled with snow

༻𖥸༺

ATHAN WOULD THINK OF HIMSELF as someone that had a tight reign over his emotions, but一alas, as it was natural for humans, things managed to slip from his grasp in the most of inopportune moments.

Athanasia calling him 'big brother' was one such moment.

When he first heard it, his mind reeled back in shock, because why would this child that he spent virtually no time with call him such an endearing minutive?

He always made sure that his interactions with her were minimal at best, most in the company of their father, but having been called as such two times already...

He didn't like it.

A pit of slowly growing disgust reared its ugly head from the crevices of his mind, twinkling blue eyes darkening, his hair casting a shadow over his face that had the knights surrounding him shooting wary glances in his way.

He faintly registered the displeased growling of Biyakko, no doubt fueled by his negative emotions, as Hector and Kassian exchanged worried looks, but he had no mind to pay to such frivolous distractions.

Athanasia was labeled in his mind as 'little princess' because that's what she was. Labels as this one were given not out of care and love, but out of necessity to maintain his image.

Athan liked to think that, as of how things were now, the little princess will not be on the receiving end of his good will for a little while longer一and he was content to leave it at that.

Because she was an annoyance in his plans and would be better off without her, but he ignored that nasty part of his brain whispering dark ideas.

("Aish, oppa! Don't be such a stick in the mud!")

It definitely had nothing to do with Ju-Hee.

(He knew he was lying to himself.)

The displeasure he felt towards the situation managed to hold its steady burn, ambers of not quite kindled flames lighting up his thoughts.

Athan was, for the lack of a better word, apathetic 一 and he acknowledged that. Fully, wholly and without regrets, because that is the person he grew to become. Not involving himself with Athanasia and maintaining the pleasant relationship between the two of them was the best course of action, but it would seem that the little lovely princess had different plans.