Chapter 1A: Ryozanpaku: Where the Mightiest Gather

My name is Kenichi Shirahama and I'm a secret martial arts prodigy. My parents, my sister, and even the people around me don't know how truly good I am, except my childhood friend Ryuto Asamiya. He is the only friend who knows how great my skills truly are. I hope one day, I will meet him again and I hope that I will meet that young mysterious girl who beat those criminals in my childhood neighborhood. And my goal is not only to protect my family and those I love but to become the strongest martial arts master in the world. And to prove myself in the most deadliest tournament in the world... the Kumite. And to make my gang... the Shijin Brigade to become the greatest gang of all time. And this is how it all starts...

Kenichi was walking along the road with a book in hand, with the title being 'History of Martial Arts.' "Martial arts is more than just combat. It requires the focus of heart, body, and mind working together. It allows a martial artist to bring out potential in more than just fighting if used properly," Kenichi said as he walked down the road.

I was just doing my usual routine. Reading whatever I could find on martial arts as I walked to school. Ever since I was young, I wanted to learn karate and other kinds of martial arts. I was always being bullied and wanted to make a difference to defend myself and others who couldn't defend themselves. And while I have gotten better as I grew up, I think I still have a long way to go to be a real martial artist. And it just so happens that what started my path for the future was someone I only met once in the past.

Kenichi kept walking and wasn't paying attention as he came closer to a girl with blonde, braided hair, and glasses. As he got closer, she looked to the side and shot her hand out and almost struck Kenichi, had he not caught her hand before it landed.

"Oh. Sorry. You startled me." The girl said, apologizing.

"It's okay, I didn't pay attention." He said, smiling.

"So... where are you going?" The girl asked with a curious look.

"Kōryō High School, that's the name of it. Why do you ask?" Kenichi asked.

"Wow! What a coincidence! That is where I'm going too!" She said, smiling.

"Whoa, that's really good and nice reflex you had there, you do martial arts?" He asked, curiously.

"Yes I do and nice catch, not many can block my attack like that. Same with you?" She asked.

"Yep, well I'm just a beginner... sadly... I don't have the right teacher or even teachers. But anyways, allow me to introduce myself, my name is Kenichi Shirahama, what's your name?" He asked.

"My name is Miu Furinji, a pleasure to meet you too." She introduced herself to him, smiling brightly.

"So... you want to walk with me to the school?" He asked.

"Yes I would love to." Miu said, smiling and walking with Kenichi.

"So... you are the transfer student I've heard about." He said, blushing and looking at her big bust.

"Yep... I'm kind of lost right now." She said, blushing in embarrassment.

"I'll take you to that school right now." He said, smiling at her.

"Thanks Kenichi." She said, smiling at him.

They then walk to the high school and see an evil smile on a demonic looking face as Kenichi says, "Hey Niijima..."

"Oh... hello Kenichi." Niijima said, smiling more evilly.

"What do you want this time?" Kenichi asked, unamused.