fourteen

chapter fourteen
"derek freakin' hale"

      LYNN LET OUT A SMALL mumble of a moan in her light slumber while turning from her left side over to her right

She moved one hand to place it on her hip while the other traced along the bed until it hit her pillow, and she lifted her head to place it on the comfortable cushion. She snuggled into the gentleness of the support, and it was honestly the most comfortable Lynn had been in a long time. Lynn felt an arm snake around her waist, just above her hips, pulling her frail yet curvy body even closer to them.

A soft smile crossed her face as she felt a warmth grow in her heart, and every time their fingertips brushed up against her skin, it felt as if electricity was pulsing in her veins.

But she was jerked awake from that nice sleep — because why the hell was there someone with her in bed?

"Oh my God!"

Lynn gasped in absolute horror as she realized the 'pillow' she had been using to cuddle, was indeed a person.

Derek freakin' Hale, in specific.

Derek was just as shocked as Lynn when he peeled open his green eyes only to find the girl had practically jumped up from his chest. His eyebrows were knitted, and his eyes flickered from Lynn now crawling further down her bed, to his chest — why do I miss the feeling of her laying on me?

"God, I must've fallen asleep waiting, I'm sorry," Derek spoke up quickly, an apologetic expression written on his lips, and it looked like there was a flash of embarrassment.

Lynn felt a pain dully ache in her abdomen, and she absentminded clutched her wound, and then she was suddenly reminded of everything that had happened in the previous hours.

"Are you alright?" Derek rushed himself up from laying down on the comforter, and he gently placed a palm on Lynn's arm. Electricity, why was there always electricity?

"What the hell happened? Wait, Scott, oh my, is he okay? Did Jackson kill someone? Why—"

"—Whoa, whoa, hold on," Derek spoke quickly while pulling Lynn to a stop, gripping her other arm with his spare hand, lightly shaking the girl from her rambling. "You're going to hurt yourself even more, you need to lay back down."

"I'm not laying down until I know everyone's okay," Lynn argued, and she had now lifted herself off the bed, and then she glanced down to herself. She was still wearing her tank top and shorts, but her tank was pulled down and she had much too much of her chest exposed, so she frantically pulled the clothing up.