fifteen

chapter fifteen
"lydia's birthday"

      "YOU, STILES STILINSKI, ARE THE most dramatic boy I know

"YOU, STILES STILINSKI, ARE THE most dramatic boy I know. What the hell is even in that box?"

Lynn purposely bumped her shoulder into Stiles' as he placed the huge yellow and pink wrapped gift he had gotten for Lydia's birthday onto a table that was designated for other presents. Stiles only fumbled on his own words, his cheeks glowing red in the slightest bit, and Lynn laughed to herself knowing she had managed to fluster him in the slightest way.

Currently, Scott and Lynn were softly trailing behind Stiles as they were all walking around Lydia's house for the girls birthday party. Her eyebrows were knitted together in a light confusion — she was told Lydia's birthday party was the party of the year, but there was hardly anyone here. Thinking that maybe they had just arrived earlier than the time expected, she shrugged it off.

"Have you guys seen Jackson anywhere?" Stiles questioned, glancing backwards at his two best friends, and they both shook their heads.

"No, seen Allison?"

Lynn flashed Scott a sympathetic frown, knowing that the two had been having a rough go ever since Allison told the Argents everything about the kanima — meaning that they knew that it was Jackson. Scott had yet to seem to forgive Allison for what she had done, and Allison had yet to seem to forgive Scott for what he had done.

"No, but we should probably tell her what we found," Stiles explained, switching over towards his best friend, then back around the house. He seemed to also recognize the fact that no one was here.

"I'm still kind of not sure what we found," Scott chimed in, and Lynn let out a soft chuckle, this was probably going to be the third time Stiles and Lynn had tried to explain what they discovered in the yearbooks.

"I figured out it has something to do with water," Stiles answered, and before he could go any further, Lynn took it as her turn to speak.

"We," Lynn corrected, playfully elbowing Stiles in his arm, then she turned back towards Scott. "We found out that all the victims were on the swim team. And not to mention the fact that the kanima couldn't swim."

"So, whoever's controlling the kanima really hates the swim team?"

"Hated the swim team. Specifically, the 2006 swim team," Stiles continued, but was a bit relieved to know that Scott seemed to finally understand their discovery. "So it could be another teacher, maybe like a student back then. I mean, who are we missing though? What haven't we thought of?"