Nightmares // Catradora

"Adora!" Catra called from the kitchen. She approached the bedroom door and knocked. "Adora wake up!" The brunette entered the room only to find Adora asleep, her hair all over her face. Catra laughed to herself and tried to push Adora's blond hair to the side.

Just then, Adora sat up and started screaming at the top of her lungs. Catra covered her mouth shushing her. "It was just a dream. Calm down, it's over now. Just a stupid nightmare". Adora's breathing was fast and she seemed genuinely upset. Catra sat beside her on the bed, put an arm around her and covered her with the blanket.

"It- it felt so real. It was terrifying". Adora mumbled among her sniffs. "Hey, hey, look at me. It's over now. I'm here. You wanna talk about it?" Catra said, a sympathetic look on her face, and gave her girlfriend a reassuring squeeze on the shoulder.

"I saw... I saw Horde Prime" the blonde started, "He chipped you, Catra. And then made you turn on me. He... He knew I would never hurt you, he knew it was impossible for me, he knew how much I- how much I care about you". The last part of her sentence trailed away, as tears began forming on her eyes. Catra hadn't realised that some tears had made their way down to her cheeks too and quickly wiped them away. She needed to be strong for the both of them.

"There's more", Adora continued, "After you fought with me, he-" she let out a sob and went on "he slit your throat in front of my eyes". By that moment tears were streaming down both their faces. After a long pause, Adora looked into Catra's eyes. "I couldn't bear to lose you. You mean too much to me".

The brunette was smiling. "I'm here, and I'm not going anywhere. Ever". "You promise?" "I promise". The blonde hugged her girlfriend tightly and whispered "I don't know what I'd do without you".

"I love you", Catra blurted out. She immediately blushed. They were together but they hadn't said those three words since that night in the fright zone one year ago.

"Don't you get it? I love you! I always have! So please, just this once, stay!"

"You- you love me? I love you too".

It's odd, she thought. Three words. Eight letters. Yet, their meaning is so deep. So important. So... True.

"I love you". She said once again. Adora had a surprised look but her eyes were telling the truth. "I love you too, more than anything".

They went closer to each other, until their foreheads touched. Their lips brushed and they closed their eyes at the same time. They felt the emotions possessing them and they were captured in the moment, without a care in the world. After a few seconds they broke apart and a smile formed on both their faces.

Catra looked at Adora and giggled. "Wait... You love me more than Sparkles?" Adora was confused. "What are you talking about?" Catra seemed offended but she couldn't keep a straight face and soon she burst into laughter. "You're such an idiot", she said, grabbed her girlfriend's shirt and kissed her.

Hey guys, I hope you liked my first oneshot :) This is dedicated to my sister, since she is obsessed with catradora (so am I but that's for another day 😌)
Ly all <3
-ion