sixteen

chapter sixteen
"lizzy"

      "I THOUGHT WEREWOLVES CAN'T GET drunk!"

Lynn wasn't even paying attention to the words that fell from Scott's mouth, mostly because she was much too occupied between two things. One, the absolutely delicious punch that she had in one hand, and two, she was having too much fun swinging her hips to the beat of the song.

About an hour or so had passed since Lynn had her first cup of punch, and she hadn't stopped there. Truthfully, she had lost count of the many glasses Lydia had managed to sneak into her hands.

"Evelynn! Hey!" Scott repeated again, tugging on her elbow to pull the girl slightly away from the dancing. "I thought werewolves couldn't get drunk?"

Lynn let out a massively dramatic sigh from being yanked from the dance floor, but then she turned towards Scott while placing both her palms on his shoulders.

"We can't," Lynn answered simply, and then tried to swing on her heels back to the dancing, but was once again pulled from Scott latching onto her wrist. She pouted, managing up her best puppy dog face. "Scotty, we can't get drunk, alright? I answered your question, now let me go back to—"

"—Then what do call this?" Scott questioned, referring to how Lynn was most definitely acting drunk.

Lynn shrugged, "A buzz."

"Something's wrong," Scott shook his head, blinking a few times as he felt the buzz himself. "And it isn't the full moon."

Lynn was interrupted when she heard her familiar ringtone echo from her back pocket, and she awkwardly fished it out while taking another huge sip of the alcoholic beverage. A part of her hummed in absolute happiness when she recognized Derek's contact.

"Got to take this, Scotty, but I suggest you enjoy the buzz while it lasts," Lynn suggested with an extremely wide smile, and she patted her best friends shoulder while clicking the green accept button on the phone.

Knowing she wouldn't be able to hear with the song blasting in her ears, she went back inside. She squeeze through a few people to return back to the original room she used to talk to Matt. She pressed the phone to her ear, taking another swig of the glass, sighing as she noticed she would soon need another.

"Well, hello, wet dog."

"Back to that nickname, huh?" Derek teased through the phone, and Lynn smiled to herself while collapsing to the bed on her back. "Are you busy? Wait, is that music I hear?"