seventeen

chapter seventeen
"if I can't have you, no one can"

      "SCOTTY, YOU DO REALIZE IT'S two in the freakin' morning?"

Lynn annoyingly glared at her phone while she checked the time, the brightness of her screen blinding her for a moment, and then she pressed the phone back up against her ear. When she didn't hear the boy reply anything, she confusingly furrowed her eyebrows.

"Scott?" Lynn spoke up again, less annoyed, and more curious.

There was movement, Lynn could hear something rub up against the phone speaker to create some noise of friction. Then she realized what had happened, and she rolled her eyes dramatically while placing her finger on the end call button.

"Next time you butt-dial me in the middle of the night—"

"—Actually, I wanna hurt a lot of people. You three weren't on my list, but I could be persuaded," a voice interrupted her, and she immediately recognized it belonged to Matt. His voice was muffled though, not like he was directly pressed against the speaker. "And one way is to try dialing somebody on your cell phone, like McCall is doing."

Lynn's once slightly amused yet overall annoyed attitude shifted into concern, and she could feel her pulse shooting through the roof. What in the hell was happening? Was this some sort of prank?

"That — that could definitely get someone hurt," Matt continued, and Lynn was worried about his tone of voice, he sounded utterly and completely angry, like he seemed earlier at the party — frantic and crazed. "Everyone put the phones on the desk, now!"

"Matt, you don't have to do this," Lynn's breathing was still heavily uneven and rapid, and it was even more confused when she recognized Stiles' fathers voice, the Sheriff.

This is most definitely not a prank.

"Shut up! If I—"

That was when the phone ended on Scott's end, and Lynn blinked several times to get her emotions under control. She jumped up immediately from her bed, running a hand though her messy bedhead, and tried understanding what in the hell had just happened.

She didn't know where they were, they never mentioned it, or any descriptions of where they were. The thought flickered in her head at perhaps Matt showed up at the Stilinski house, but that didn't make sense because Scott was heading home after the party, not with Stiles.

Then she figured it out. Maybe they were to be at the sheriff station, no, they had to be there. Since they now knew for certain that the person controlling the kanima was Matt, Lynn was absolutely certain that Stiles wouldn't have gone to sleep, and would've tried convincing his father that the guilty is Matt.