RESERVED ISSUE no.8

"Are all the ingredients prepared?"

  Tanong ko sa mga katulong that are starting to cut the spices.

"Nagpabili pa po kami ng tomato sauce ma'am. Mukha po kasing kukulangin eh."

  "Okay, okay! Ikaw na magtuloy nito. I will bake the cake. What flavor again?"

"Hindi ko po alam ma'am. Si manang po, siya ang nakakaalam."

"Mint chocolate, iha." Manang said as she overheard our conversation.

  I nodded and started gathering utensils and ingredients to my table and started the procedure.

  It is Mattheo's birthday today and we are going to surprise him. Nalaman ko kanina, paglabas ko ng kwarto para kumain, everybody's greeting him happy birthday. And of course, I did the same too. Then he said his "Thank you" to me.

  I asked him what would he have for today's special event, and he just said that he'll bring home some take-outs at sabay-sabay silang kakain since he doesn't like huge parties lalo na daw at he only has few friends and that he is into intimate celebrations.

  Kaya eto, I've decided to do this. For a change. And for gratitude.

  It's been an hour since Mattheo left so we still have a lot of time preparing everything.

"How about he's parents?"

"Na-contact na namin, iha. At malapit nang lumapag ang kanilang eroplanong sinasakyan."

   I felt myself tensed up knowing I am about to meet his parents. I mean... I know I shouldn't be since there's nothing to worry about especially that Mattheo and I aren't a thing. Sakaling ayaw saakin ng parents niya for him, like most of love stories, it is okay. Kasi hindi naman kami. And this what we have is not a love story, a revenge one. Isn't it funny? Isn't I funny?

  "Ma'am, may dumating na package po."

"Oh! Sandali lang po, manong. I'll get it."

I cleaned my hands and went to fetch the gift I've had personalized for Mattheo.

  "Hey, do you have it?"

"Opo, ma'am. Pakipirma nalang po dito."

  I signed the freight payment bill. "Thank you."

I got the polo shirt and checked it. It is a black polo shirt with mini bleeding-hearts printed on it. An aloha polo shirt to be exact. And an aloha t-shirt too. With bleeding-heart print too.
  This clothes will remind him of me. Ito kaagad ang pumasok sa isip ko as I was thinking for the best gift for him. Pinamadali ko agad ang pagpapagawa nito. Just the bleeding-hearts lang naman ang additional prints to be made kaya naging madali lang ding tapusin.

"Sana magustuhan niya."

I put the shirts back in the bag and set it aside and continued to do my work.

..........................................................

  "Ayan na! Ayan na si sir. Nakaparada na ang kotse niya." Tumatakbo si Lory papunta saamin.

"Okay, positions everyone." Sabi ni tita Elspeth.

As planned, I went to close the door and held the door knob. Yep! This is my role.

  I heard footsteps that stopped close to the door. He's here.
I opened the door and decided to hide myself behind it as it opened wide and settled aside.

"Happy Birthday, Matty!"
They all yelled in joy.

"What?" Rinig kong sabi niya since I can't see them kasi nga nakatago ako sa likod ng door.