Untitled Part 1

Before the Shie Hassaikai boss took in two kids that lived on the streets the compound was a silent place, especially since almost everybody who was by his side bailed out on the Yakuza as the heroes began to rise. There was a small percent of the Yakuza that kept fighting even after being labeled as a villain organization, but the majority of them either disbanded or were arrested. The remainders? Well, they were kept under constant surveillance, lying in wait for them to slip up and given an excuse to lock them up with the rest of the villains. Checking in with the Shie Hassaikai and finding out that the boss picked up not one, but two kids and gave them a place to stay at the compound shocked the Hero Commission who kept tabs on the small gang, but didn't want to swoop in to take them out of the environment as they seemed to be staying out of trouble. In fact, the boss did everything he could to make sure they stayed out of trouble, while Hari did a pretty good job at following that, Kai had the most trouble.

Sixteen-year-old Hari was sitting in the living area of the compound, he was sitting on the beat-up couch while reading the new book he picked up earlier last week. Pops told him he was heading out for a couple of hours, said he had a meet up to go to. Hari asked if he needed them to go with him, but he insisted he would be fine on his own. Which was a good thing, nobody was aware that Kai wasn't even at the compound. Normally when Kai sneaked out it was to get into a fight, if anyone disrespected the Shie Hassaikai he made sure they would regret their words even if Pops disapproved of his methods.

Hari was so sucked into the story he was reading he didn't realize that Mimic wandered into the living area. The short creature-like man who possesses the costume he resides in stood in front of him, he waved his long covered arm over Hari's book to try to get his attention. At times he would enjoy his book so much that the world around him didn't exist, nobody said that was a bad thing unless it was Kai, then he would claim that Hari wasn't paying attention to him and he needed to focus on something real.

"Hey... Hey..." Mimic started, trying to get his attention. Hari heard him now, but he didn't want to be pulled away from his story yet. "Hey!" Mimic said louder, climbing up on the couch. "Are you dead?" He poked Hari's forehead.

"What?" Hari almost whined, using his arm to push Mimic's hand away. "I'm busy."

"Pft, doing what?" He snatched the book away from Hari, flipping through the pages. "There's better stuff you could be doing."

"Like?"

Mimic was about to say something until the door to the living area quickly swung open with such force that it slammed against the wall behind it. Both Hari and Mimic turned to see what was going on, they knew Pops was out so it wasn't him, but Kai didn't usually slam a door open, so it took them by surprise.

Kai didn't stand around for too long, he walked through the living area to go to his room. That wouldn't have been out of the ordinary itself, as Kai didn't like to be around people for too long, although, this time he had the hood of his dark green hoodie up over his head and it held it closed so they couldn't see his face well.

"What's up with you?" Mimic called to him just as he rounded around the corner in the hallway, not answering or even acknowledging him. "'k then, weirdo," Mimic mumbled before hopping off the couch. Mimic did what he came here for... to pick on Hari, now he had other business to attend to. Counting what little money they had.

Curiosity was getting the best of Hari, sure Kai kept to himself, but he never did that before. If he had gotten into another fight he wouldn't hide any of the injuries, he was the kind of person who would wear them, not necessarily with pride, but to show that he was willing to do anything to make sure people showed the Shie Hassaikai respect. It wasn't unusual for him to come home with a black eye or even covered in cuts of scratches, so what else could he possibly be hiding? Hari had to find out.