Chapter 1: All Shook Up

Nervous. That's the only way to describe what Hera was feeling. She was nervous for her first day of a new school, which happened to involve magic. Magic. A concept she just learned about a day ago.

Hera was living in an orphanage in Bristol when a tall, older looking man with a grey beard and hair approached her. He was wearing a silver-looking hat and robes to match. Hera was confused and a little scared to say the least. The man looked like he was hired to cheer up the young children at the orphanage, not inform her that she was a witch. He approached her with a calm appearance that Hera was skeptical of. Why was a man in robes approaching her? What was going to happen? They were both outside, so whatever happened, she thought, there would be witnesses.

"May I sit?", the man said.

"Sure", Hera said even though she really didn't want him to. They sat for a couple of minutes in silence. Hera was now debating or not if she could leave. She didn't want to seem like she was scared of him, but on the other hand, she didn't trust him. Right as she was about to make a run for it, the older man decided to speak.

"How are you, Hera?"

"How do you know my name?" Hera really didn't trust this man now.

"All I can tell you right now is that I knew your mother, and that's why I know who you are. My name is Albus Dumbledore and I'm the Headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry." Hera realized this man was a complete loon. It was time to leave.

"I'm sorry, sir, but I think my outside time is over. Nice chatting with you." As Hera was getting up from the bench and starting her brisk walk back to the building, the man decided to once again speak.

"Hera, I need you to stop." She didn't know what possessed her to do it, but she stopped. She looked at the man who still had a sense of calmness.

"My dear, I'm not here to hurt you. On the contrary, I'm here to take you away from this place. You are to be enrolled in Hogwarts."

"I'm sorry. You're honestly making no sense to me."

"You are a witch, my dear. A witch who had her powers taken away, to keep her safe."

"To keep me safe? Wait. I'm sorry, did you just say I'm a witch, as in magic." Hera didn't honestly believe him. She thought he may be mentally ill, and she didn't know what he would do if she ran back into the building. So she tried to play along, and maybe then the man would leave and tell someone else they were a witch.

"I'm telling the truth, Hera. I took your abilities away to protect you from an evil that was looming at the time. I'm here because it's time to give them back. You are a witch and it wouldn't be fair to keep you from your powers forever." Hera was now questioning him. She still didn't trust him, but she didn't totally think he was loon.

Dumbledore could tell that it would be very hard to get her to go with him. So he made the choice to give her powers right then and there. The man gave a quick look around and saw no one and decided to pull out his wand.

Hera was scared now. The man who claimed she was a witch was now pulling a stick out of his robe. She stood there frozen, trying to figure out her next move. She then hears the old man saying a bunch of words she didn't understand, while pointing the stick at her. A beam of golden light shot out of the stick right to Hera's chest.

Hera felt her insides getting warm. She felt tingly, and then her mind started to ache horribly. Her brain felt like it was on fire. Hera fell on her knees while holding her head in her hands while almost inaudible screams came out. She had never felt such pain in her life until all of a sudden it was gone in a flash. Her heart came back to a normal rhythm and her head wasn't pounding in her ears anymore. She looked up at the man who seemed to be confused and fascinated by the pain she had just felt.