➽Chapter 29

A week passed in a jiffy and it was the day when Samay was leaving for London and Meher would be going to Delhi for her auditions

The mood in the family was bittersweet as they part with their youngest son and daughter in law.

"Yaar, the house will be so silent without their bickerings and fights." Erisha put her opinion and the others seem to give a sad smile as if agreeing.

"Guys, please stop behaving as if we are dying or something. I am going for a long time I agree but there is something called as video call and Meher is just going for a week man." Samay replied as he saw everyone sad.

"Also if you all are going to miss our fights then don't worry, we'll fight with each other on call just for you all. Now please smile." Meher said and everyone chuckled.

"Samay, you must leave for the airport. Adi bhai and I are coming to drop you."Dishank informed and Samay nodded.

He hugged his parents and uncle and aunts. Then he bid a goodbye to his younger sister and bhabhis. Lastly, he hugged Meher and whispered,"Conquer your dreams. Remember you have a friend rooting for you. All the best. Waise remember I still dislike you."

"You too, remember to fulfil your dream and not to waste time on some random ladies out there. I have your back no matter what. And yes I dislike you too." Meher replied back and kissed his cheeks.

They broke their hug and Samay left the house. Unknown to both a teae rolled down their eyes.

Samay and Meher started off as enemies, went on to become friends supporting each other but they were yet to realise the importance of each other in their lives.

They thought they had parted their ways permanently but destiny has plans unknown to them.

✦✧✦✧

Three months passed since the departure of Samay and Meher. The family is now busy in their own world.

Revati was generally found in her own room as her pregnancy reached seventh month and Adhyan was now found more at home than office.

Tripti and Ranveer along with Erisha were visiting Tripti's family in Lucknow. While Rajveer has been staying home due to ill health and was planning to retire soon.

Nalini and Sushila were busy handling the house as well as taking care of Revati. While Meher was off to shoots most of the time.

Due to all this the work of the whole company fell on the shoulders of Dishank and Vritika.

The work had occupied their life so much that the lovey dovey couple of the family haven't spent a moment in peace alone. This had started creating an unknown distance between them.

Whenever, Vritika would be free, Dishank would be working and when he had time, Vritika was found occupied with household chores or some business related work.

Both of them wished to be with each other but couldn't and this was eating both of them up.

Dish, we need to talk!” Vritika said as soon as she entered their room.

Dishank kept his laptop aside and motioned her to sit beside him.

I won't beat around the bush and will come straight to the point. I know we both are extremely busy with everything and don't have time for each other. But can we please make sure that we atleast have a five minute talk everyday? I don't want us to get so busy in other responsibilities and forget us. If we do so we'll end up like most of the couples that are on the verge of getting divorce and I don't wish that.” Vritika put forward her worry.

I understand Vriti and I promise we won't let this harm our relationship. Just two more months babe. Once Revati bhabhi delivers the child and Meher's shoot ends we'll take a vacation, just you and I. We need it for ourselves away from all the responsibilities.” Dishank said.

Vritika rested her head on his chest and said, “Promise me you'll be there for me always even after we have a child or we get old and I am not so attractive?”

“You'll always be the most beautiful woman for me Vriti even if we are 80 and you would have lost all your teeth and have white hair. I will love you always.” Dishank said and kissed her forehead.

✦✧✦✧

It was a normal afternoon, Revati was resting in her room and Adhyan was in the office for a deal while rest of the family was busy in their own work.

Ahhhh!” Revati screamed and shot up from sleep.

Hearing her scream, Nalini and Sushila ran upto her.

Reva, beta are you ok?” Sushila asked her daughter in law but before Revati could answer, Nalini murmured, “She is bleeding.”

This shocked the three ladies and suddenly Sushila said, “Nalini you call the Rajveer we need to take her to the hospital and also inform Adi about this.”

Nalini nodded and rushed outside to infrom her husband to get the car ready while typing Adhyan's number on the phone.

Ma, something is wrong. I am not supposed to bleed! The baby would be fine right?” Revati asked while clutching her belly tight with tears rolling down her face.

Bacha, don't worry everything we'll be fine. We are going to the hospital right. Don't worry.” Sushila consoled her daughter in law and helped her walk towards the car.

She consoled Revati somehow but she herself was very much worried as bleeding in seventh month is not normal.

Nalini, Sushila and Rajveer took Revati to the hospital. The rest of the family was informed too.

Ranveer, Tripti and Erisha immediately decided to come back to Mumbai while Meher rushed to the hospital directly from the shoot and Dishank, Vritika and Adhyan left the meeting as soon as they received the news.

Revati was taken to the operation theatre as soon as they reached. Being a rich family was an advantage as they didn't have to wait for filling forms or anything.

Where is Revati, ma?” Adhyan asked as soon as he reached the hospital and she pointed towards the operation theatre.

Is Mrs Chauhan's husband present here? She is calling him inside.” a nurse rushed out of the theatre.

Adhyan rushed inside the room after receiving a nod from his mother.

The rest of the family stood outside waiting for some news.

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

Hey guys, sorry for the delay.
So here's the update. Do you like it?
Guess what's wrong with Revati.
Also I need an honest opinion about the story. (please give an opinion as I feel the long break I took has detached people from this story.)
Do vote, comment and share.

Ps - Stay ready for a shocker in the next update.

Love,
Writer!