Amazing Teachers and Innuendos

"I-I-I-" That's the only thing coming to mind. No excuses came to mind. No witty oneliners that I could throw at him as a retort.

"Use your words, darling," He whispered, propping his elbows on my shoulders.

"I'm sure he was talking about someone else, Mateo." Gerald had his eyes downcast. He was staring intently at the empty lunch tray in front of him.

"Shut your fucking mouth, Hanson. No one told you you could speak," He growled. "Besides, I'm sure Finn here can speak for himself, can't he?" Of course, I could, or at least I had the ability to do so. 

However, his presence looming over me, his body subtly pressed against mine, made my brain a puddle. "So, were you talking about me or not?"

I sat there in silence, willing my brain to form any words.

"Well, I'm gonna dip. You guys have fun with whatever the hell this is." And with that insightful statement, Gerald grabbed his bag and disappeared to a table halfway across the lunchroom.

Mateo removed his arms from me and slid into the spot that Gerlad had previously occupied. "I do believe I asked you a question." He leaned in closer to me and said in a raspy voice, "And I don't like repeating myself."

"Y-yes," I mumbled.

"I'm sorry I can't hear you. You're going to have to speak a tad bit louder." Mateo leaned back a little a cupped a hand to his ear.

"Yes," I raise my voice, silently praying he won't make me repeat myself. Something about him is just boiling my blood.

"Yes, what?" He asks. Mateo lets a smirk spread across his face.

"Yes, I called you a dick," I angrily bite back. I started to take a sip of water to try and calm my shaking nerves.

"Now, just because my dick's bigger than yours doesn't mean you have to accuse me of being one." Mateo puts on a hand over where a heart would be if he wasn't heartless, feigning hurt. "I could give you something better to choke on." He smirks as he slips in his innuendo.  I choke on the water as he says this.

At this point, my cheeks are painted red and burning. "That's it." I stand up and start to walk out of the cafeteria.

"Oh, come on, Finn. It was only a joke," Mateo calls out to me.

I respond ever so politely by flipping him off. I hear a chorus of laughter from the lunchroom crowd. Guess no one had ever dared to treat him with so little respect.

I storm out of the cafeteria and into the bathroom. I pull out my phone to check the time, 12 o'clock. Two hours left in the day, 6 minutes left of lunch. I let the seat drop down, making the toilet a chair.

I run a hand through my hair, attempting to clear my mind of thoughts concerning Mateo. Overall, there was nothing incredible about him. Other than his level of attractiveness, although I would never admit that to anyone.

I scrolled through some old photos, as I was in the mood to make my brain sad. The bell rings, pulling me out of the trance I had placed myself in.

I manage to be the first person to make it into Psychology. The teacher is a friendly and plump woman. Her hair is down, and her headpiece looks as though it's made of real flowers. Displayed throughout her room are rainbow pieces. The back wall has every flag imaginable. We love representation.

She claps her hands together as she notices me. "You must be the new student!" She rushes over to me. She grabs my hands and squeezes softly. "I like your energy," she whispers. She lets go and breathes out an airy laugh, "Sorry, I know no boundaries. I'm Claire."

"I-is Claire your last name?" I ask, letting my nosiness get the best of me.

"No, I don't like authoritarian titles. They make me uncomfortable." Claire waves a hand across the air as though she's waving away the idea. "What's your name?"

"Finn," I reply. The classroom is still empty, only starting to fill as Claire responds.

"That's the name my wife wants to give our cat. Once we get one, of course." She laughs as though she is delighted by my name. "Anyways, take a seat anywhere. We all change desks daily. That's one of my only rules. That and keeping your vape in your goddamn bookbag!" Claire yells, whipping around and jabbing a finger at the kid in the back. The kid in question is currently blowing rings out of vape smoke. "Fucking Jermey," She mumbles.

I laugh a little before taking a seat in the front row. The lesson is riveting and pretty close to what I was learning in public school. The lecture consisted of Claire sitting on the ground and going off-topic a few times.

When the period was over, Claire announced, "Which one of you jackasses is gonna help me up?" Two guys helped her up, one on each arm. "Thanks, boys!" She called as they left. "I do hope you have a fantastic rest of your day!"

I was smiling as I walked through the hallway to Biology 2. The majority of people were already there when I arrived at the Bio classroom. I took a seat toward the back, thankful that Mateo was not in the class. The desks were more like tables. They were black and sat two students at once.

As I was pulling out my notebook. The teacher says in an annoyed tone. "Nice of you to join us, Mr. Quesada."

I look up, and my heart stops. Standing at the front of the class is Mateo, so I guess I spoke too soon.

"My apologies Mr. Archer," He was addressing the teacher, but his eyes were yet to leave mine. I caved and lowered my gaze down on my notebook.

Please don't sit next to me. Please don't sit next to me. Too bad, I didn't have a god to pray to that would make that happen. Even if I did have a deity to believe in, I doubt they would've done anything because he sat down right next to me.

"Fancy seeing you here. Did you miss me?" He questioned, looking over at me once he was settled into his seat.

I ignore him. I try instead to direct my attention to the fascinating complexity of the human nervous system. Mr. Archer is just showing a slide show. The only thing he's doing is playing on his phone. So I begin to copy down notes. Naturally, there is no one paying much attention to Mr. Archer as they start to carry out their own conversations.

"You can't ignore me forever. You're coming to my party tonight," Mateo says. And he says it with such certainty. I'm definitely not going to his party. I had work from 3-9, and I certainly didn't want to spend the remainder of my night with anyone that associates themself with him.

"And what makes you think that?" I ask, turning to face him.

Mateo grabs me by my collar and brings his lips close to my ear. "Because I said so," he whispers. 

In case you're as bad at pronunciations as I am here's how you pronounce Quesada. Or at least how I'm going to pronounce it, however, if you prefer to pronounce it as quesadilla you're more than welcome to. 

Quesada (K-sa-da) Alrighty?