Chapter 1

Cameron's Point Of View.

"Get him!" They shouted as one of the inmates attacked an officer.

"Get down!" Another officer yelled at the other inmates. I followed their orders along with the rest of the inmates. We could never say we didn't do anything wrong. We did. We killed innocent people so that we could live.

I am terribly sorry for what I have done. I feel absolutely terrible. I would have died if I hadn't, or my 'father' or 'master' would have killed someone brutally in front of me and made me feed.

I am a Vampire. I can't say I am proud of it or that I love being it but I am.

"Take them back to their rooms." Another officer yelled. I was grabbed up by my shoulders and taken to my room along with my roommate, Jaxon. He is a mixed kid that has became my best friend over the year.

I'm dark skinned, somehow I have blue eyes, really curly brown hair. I'm skinny but have a little muscle. My hair is longer on top and shorter on the bottom and sides.

They call us patients but We are treated like inmates, maybe even dogs. As the officer that took us to our rooms closed the door the bell rang, meaning it's time for our second medicine treatment of the day. Jaxon and I both sat on our beds waiting for the guy that gives us our medicine. He is a nice guy, unlike a lot of the officers in this place.

"Hey Cameron, Jaxon, how have you guys been today?" Mr. Jameson asked as he took out the medicine from the box and connected it to the thing that injects it into us.

"I'm fine." I told him.

"Me too." Jaxon smiled at him.

"I'm going to start with Jaxon." Mr.Jameson smiled. He went to Jaxon and sat on his bed. He grabbed his arm and injected it into his arm. They inject it on your right arm where you would normally get an IV. 

I looked down at my arm and touched the bruised and damaged whole in it. It's about two inches long and is in a perfect circle. It doesn't bleed afterwards because I'm dead but it still hurts, bad.

He came to me and grabbed my arm. Injecting the huge thing in my arm. The pain lasts for hours sometimes. I looked away as he done it. And then afterwards I lied down. Jaxon rubbed his arm in pain as he looked out the bared up window.

"The two of you are going to get out soon." Mr.Jameson said with a huge smile on his face. "Look forward to next week." I smiled at Jaxon and he smiled back. "You guys get ready for group."

We have to go to group with a physiologist every week.

I sighed and got up, Jaxon's group is after mine. "So, who do you want to see when you get out?" He asked me.

"I'm looking forward to seeing my two little brothers." I smiled.

"I'm ready to see my mom." Jaxon smiled back at me and I nodded. After talking for a while I get up and walk out of our room.

A week goes by of the same thing.

As Jaxon and I are sitting and playing chess Mr.Jameson walks in. We are sitting around every Vampire in the 'Vampire Rehabilitation Center.'

"These people come to me. Alex Isales, Joshua Smith, Jaxon Oliver, and Cameron Parker." We all stand up and walk towards him. "Your family has been called and they are here to get you." I felt happy but I also had this feeling in my stomach. It isn't unpleasant it is just weird.

"Go to your room and get changed, grab the bag with your name on it and bring it with you." I grabbed the one with my name on it and walked to my room with Jaxon. There are clothes in the bags. Jaxon and I both stripped out of our clothes and put the other ones on. It wasn't weird because we have changed in front of each other forever.

I noticed the clothes, our parents must have brought them for us. I pulled on the black ripped jeans, red shirt, and then my black Nike. I pulled my black Nike hoodie over my head and then fixed my black hair. Jaxon had on some grey sweatpants and a white T-shirt with some black and blue Jordan's. He pulled his black Adidas jacket over his head.

"You ready to go?" Jaxon asked. I nodded and walked out the door with him. Mr.Jameson walked us to a room where he told us what would happen and that our parents are waiting outside. Jaxon and I walked out of the room where we saw four people. My parents and his parents.

"Cam?" My mom asked. I looked down to the floor.

"Jaxon!" His mom cried and threw herself on him.

"Hey." I smiled at them.

"Come on Jaxon everyone is ready to see you." His dad said and I looked at him. I hugged him with tears in my eyes. He lives miles away from me and I won't see him for a long time. He hugged me back tightly.

"Bye, Jax." I told him.

"Bye bro."

We let go and said our goodbyes again and went to our parents. My parents hugged me and I hugged them back. I missed them. We left and Mr. Jameson talked to them as we walked to the car. I kept silent.

"Bye Cameron." Mr. Jameson smiled.

"Bye." I smiled back at him as I got into the car.

"Remember when you were little and you used to run around with a pot on your head yelling that you were a pothead?" My mom laughed.

"Yea." I chuckled.

"So, are you ready to get home?" My dad asked.

"Yea." I answered. "I'm going to lay down." I told them.

"Okay." My mom smiled. I went to sleep not long afterwards.

"Your going to refuse to eat? Your gonna kill yourself? No! Not with my fucking blood running through your shitty little veins." My maker yelled at me.

"I don't wanna kill people." I cried. I would go home but he is stronger than me and faster than me.

"Do you need to be hand fed you little brat?" He yelled. "Maria!"

A frail young girl walked out of the room beside this one around my age. He grabbed a knife and cut her neck. "I cut a major artery, she is going to bleed out either way, don't let her blood go to waist."

I couldn't help myself, the scent of her blood overwhelmed me, I hadn't fed in weeks and it really did show. I attacked her neck sucking all of the blood out of her.

"That's right you little brat." He yelled at me. "You need it."

A tear rolled down my face as I pulled my fangs out of her flesh and ran across the room.  "I'm sorry." I cried to her. "I'm so sorry." She was already dead by that point. "I'm sorry."

"Get over it, your a vampire! You kill people! You need blood!" He kept yelling at me. "I should have let your ass die."

I opened my eyes. We were home. "Close the garage so no one sees him." My dad told my mom.

He opened my door and helped me out of the car. I stumbled inside with them. "Are you hungry?" My dad asked me.

"I-I don't eat... anything." I told him.

"Are you tired? You could go to bed." He smiled.

"In the guest bedroom?" I asked him.

"No. In your room." My mom smiled.

"You kept it?" I asked.

"Of course. Just how.. you left it." She nodded.