[16] ʜᴀᴘᴘʏ ʙɪʀᴛʜᴅᴀʏ ʜᴀʙɪʙɪ

Note: I have no idea where Alex lives lmao, so I'm just gonna assume it's in California even though he's been in the bunker recently and I could SWEAR on the first Love or Host he did, he said he moved to Cali for like, college or uni or smth... plus it's easier on me,, even though I've never been to Cali lmao

"Happy birthday, Alex."

~~~~~

"Alex, we need to go."

"What?"

"Get in the car, I don't have time to explain."

"What, I-"

"GET IN THE CAR! DRIVE!"

Rushing into the small vehicle, the two young adults had escaped the clutches of the small Los Angelos apartment and were very nearly speeding onto the busy roadway. The young female, a young woman by the name of Y/n L/n, yelled at the poor boy, Alexis, as he tried to stay calm behind the steering wheel, all the while, questioning the girl as to what the hell was happening. He had been in the middle of working on a paper for school when she had burst into his small place and started screaming.

They were on the main road, leading into the bustling street lined with tourists, restaurants, and designer stores. As he continued his frenzied questioning, she gave him directions from the passenger seat. He followed them, for lack of information other than that, and soon found himself pulling into a KFC drive-thru.

"Happy birthday!" The girl turned and shouted as he stared at her in utter shock. The whole picture: the gaping mouth, sweat stopped dripping, and bulging eyeballs. All topped with the cherry that is his conflicted emotions.

"What?"

"Pull up a little," she directed as the car in front of them slightly moved ahead then continued, "Alexis, answer me this: A soon-to-be 20-year-old college MAN - not even boy - MAN has been over-stressing about every single aspect of his life for the past few weeks. Term papers not even due yet, family doing just fine, a thriving YouTube channel, awesome friends i.e. yours truly, and a stupid girl who is too dumb to realize the greatest guy is after her... what do all these things have in common?"

"You sound like Barney from How I Met Your Mother-"

"Rhetorical. You're stressing about them for no reason. Sweetie, you need a break. I thought you were finally gonna take it easy today, but then suddenly while I was wrapping your gift, I get a text from good ol' Tommyinit telling me that you're planning an all-nighter to work on a paper due in a month AND edit a video when you JUST uploaded yesterday- hold on."

The girl paused her lengthy monologue to lean across the birthday boy and started speaking to the speaker box they had approached. She placed a seemingly random order of just one bucket of their signature chicken, a box of nuggets which they apparently had, and an extra bucket.

The boy drove up to the next window, the girl paid, and he pulled into a parking space as she started to mess with the contents of the order and continued her Barney Stinson-Esque monologue.

"Your birthday is the one day a year you should be able to relax and enjoy yourself, only if you truly deserve it. And we - everyone online, IRL, your family, and moi included - all believe you deserve a day off. So, I've been entrusted to kidnap you and make sure you have a good birthday today!" She stated proudly as she dumped the box of chicken nuggets into the empty bucket and tied up the plastic bag the other bucket came in.

While Alex had more information, he was still confused as to the role the food played in this grand scheme of hers.

"All will be revealed in good time, my boy... For now, let's drive-by Kat's dorm and leave this chicken, she asked for a bucket when I told her my plan."