Part 1

The day is here. Today is the day where I get to wish for world peace. Today I get to help the world. Today, and only today, is my 16th birthday. 

"It's gone."

"What do you mean it's gone?" I say, realizing that my mirror wasn't where I left it.

"I mean it's gone," Bri says.

"It can't be gone, I have to make my wish in about three hours!" I say, trying to stay calm.

"Okay, where did we last see it?" Bri says.

"I think it was last in my room, i'm going to go check" I say.

So, I check my room. I check under the dresser, under my bed, and around my desk, but the mirror is nowhere to be found.

"I can't find it," I say, anxiety starting to strike.

"Ok, lets retrace our steps. First, we went to the florist to get some herbs for the garden. Then we went to the grocery store to get some peppermint. Finally we went..." Bri pauses, "I can't remember where the last place was."

"The mall!" I say, "but I didn't take the mirror anywhere, how could it be in any of these places?"

"It's worth a try," Bri says.

"I guess."

We go to the florist and ask if they found a mirror. Nothing.

We go to the grocery store to see if the mirror was there. Nothing again.

"What time is it?" I ask, realizing that I'm running out of time to make my wish

"11PM," Bri says.

"Crap, we only have an hour left," I say, tears starting to build up in my eyes.

"It's going to be okay, the last place to check is the mall. The good news is, the mall is open for another hour." Bri says, trying to stay positive.

"Okay, lets check there." I say, wiping the tears away.

We enter the mall...

"Let's split up, i'll go to the east wing and you go to the west. That way, we can cover more ground." Bri says, putting her black backpack on.

"Sounds good," I say.

I go to the west wing. I check every store I've been in. I check every hallway, and every nook and cranny. But, I'm loosing hope. It's 11:30.

30 minutes.

30 minutes to find my mirror. 30 minutes to change the world. 30 minutes to change my life.

I only have the bathroom to check. I run all the way there.

25 minutes.

I check all over the bathroom and I can't find anything.

20 minutes.

I have to find Bri. Maybe she found the mirror and shes trying to find me.

I race towards the east wing. I make it about half way when I look at the time

11:55

"Bri!" I yell out, "Bri please tell me you found the mirror!"

I look around but I can't find her. I look at my phone

11:56

"Bri!" I shout out one more time, "Please I need you!"

11:57

I sit down. It's hopeless. My time is up. My dreams of helping the world's problems are ruined. How did I even lose the mirror? How could I have lost it after five years of taking care of it?

11:58

"Looking for this?" Bri says, holding the mirror.

"Bri! Thank you so much! I would've never have found it if it wasn't for you! Now, let me make that wish and-"

The mirror smashes into a million pieces.

"BRI? HOW DID IT DROP?" I screamed. 

"Wait... why are you smiling?"