The Clifford Manor

"... It's the beginning of a new chapter of our lives! I wish everybody all the very best for our future! THE CLASS OF 2019 WE ROCK!"

As Gwendolyn Haywood ended her Valedictorian speech, all the students in their blue robes stood up and applauded. Some with smiles on their faces and some with tears in their eyes. It was the end of their high school life and the start of a new beginning.

"Dear students, please move the tassels of your mortarboards from right to left. Congratulations to the class of 2019!" The principal exclaimed.

All the students tossed their mortarboards into the air at the same time. What a magnificent sight it was!

"So this is it?" Sharon whispered to her twin, Charlotte.

"Yeah," Viola replied in her Spanish accent.

"It seems like yesterday I joined this school as an exchange student." She continued.

"I am gonna miss you guys!" Gwen yelled.

"Yeah. And especially I am gonna miss Gwen's speech! Man, that was terrific!" Peter yelled back and laughed.

"Really? Thank you! It means a lot."

"Hey, I have an idea, why don't we go on a week's trip to a luxurious mansion? What do you guys think?" Ethan asked them.

"That sounds great!" Cherry and Sherry said at the same time.

"Yeah, we can do that." Peter approved.

"I know a place in Findlay, Ohio. It's an enormous 5 star rated manor house located in the middle of a Hackberry forest." Ethan added.

"One of my friends from Spain is coming here this week. So can she join us?" Viola requested.

"Sure, it'll be great." Gwen blurted.

"Okay, then I wanna take Riley! You guys know him right?" Peter announced.

"Of course we know him. That guy has a great sense of humour! It'll be fun if he joins us." Sharon said.

"Okay then. It's final." Matthew said.

***

A week later.

"Mom! It's time. I need to go." Gwen yelled.

"Honey I am having a very bad feeling about this trip. Don't go anywhere alone, okay?" Mrs Haywood stammered.

"I won't. I promise. Love you. Gotta go. Bye, mom!" Gwen assured.

"Okay bye. Take care sweetie."

"Hey y'all," Gwen shouted.

"Hey, Gwen!" Viola greeted her.

"This is my friend Isabella Lopez.
And Bella this is Gwendolyn Haywood."

"Hi, Bella! Nice to meet you."

"Hi nice to meet you too, Gwen." Isabella said. Her accent was like Viola's.

"Who is this?" Gwen said pointing towards a blonde-haired guy wearing a black Adidas sweatshirt.

"This is Charles Brent. We call him Charlie. He's our dad's friend's son. He wanted to accompany us so I thought why not?" Charlotte explained.

"Oh. You did the right thing, Cherry. Hi Charlie."

"Hey," Charlie replied and waved to her.

"Okay enough of introduction! Let's go!" Peter yelled.

***

"There we are! Welcome to The Clifford Manor!" Ethan exclaimed.

"Wow! It looks stunning. I can't wait to see what's inside!" Sharon yelled.