17. Transformation

Wiping the tear rolling down her cheek, Ariana tried to focus on the road in front of her. She didn't want to crash that car again as she had already done it before. Whether it was accidental or intentional, she didn't want to remember.

However, her mind wasn't able to be diverted at all and she recalled what she had said a while back to her aunt. During the times in which she was processing her family's betrayal, she had come to a conclusion that they weren't her family. This coping mechanism had helped her to a certain extent at the time but saying it out loud wasn't easy.

This wasn't the first time Luna Barbara and Anwar had tried to speak to her. Ariana felt nothing but anger. Were they really expecting her to maintain contact with them after what they did to her? Surprisingly, they were. 

She remembered a certain incident that took place in her childhood days. She used to go to a pond near her house whenever Alpha Edward scolded or punished her. One day, she caught a small fish and brought it back with her. She took care of it for a week when one day she realized it was gone. She was enraged when she found it struggling inside a glass of water in Persephone's room. When she went to her mother and father to complain about it, Persephone threw a huge fit. Accordingly, they told Ariana to "forget the fish".

Two weeks later, the fish died.

Ariana had been driving for five minutes with all these thoughts in her head. Suddenly, her whole body started to get heated. So, she stopped and got out of the car to get some fresh air. But it didn't help. She felt tingles all over her body and face too.Her eyes widened when the realization hit her. It was happening. She was finally transforming.

 First, her muscles started to ache and then it felt as if they were viciously being torn apart. She felt an unbearable amount of pain and after that, she didn't remember anything.

                                                                       **~~~**

Isabelle, Kevin and Dwight looked at an unconscious Ariana, lying in bed. They had been sitting beside fireplace while Isabelle talked to her sister, Luna Barbara on the phone when they heard a bloodcurdling screech. Their face paled as they recognized it. They rushed to the place where Ariana lied fully unconscious and brought her back to the manor.

"What do you think happened?" Kevin asked his wife. 

Isabelle and her son, Dwight shared a look.

"She transformed." Dwight smiled.

"Oh..." Kevin nodded awkwardly. 

Isabelle smiled at her husband while shaking her head. She had been really nervous when she had found her human mate. Her parents weren't understanding of her situation at all and detested the idea of including a human in their "reputable" family and went very little contact with her. She had been afraid of Kevin's reaction as well. She couldn't imagine living without her mate. 

After dating for a year, when she disclosed the information of her kind, Kevin did freak out and stayed away from her for a month. Then, he slowly started to come around and decided to give their relationship a chance. Well, that worked out wonderfully and now, he thinks that the concept of "mates" is the most beautiful thing.

However, he was still little awkward about the whole thing and had not been present when Dwight had transformed. 

During all of this, her sister was the only one who was supportive of her. And she knew how much pain her sister was in for sending Ariana away. So, she has been trying to mend the mother-daughter relationship as much as she can, but in vain.

Kevin and Dwight gasped when Ariana gained consciousness and immediately turned into a wolf, a white wolf, with a moon-shaped scar on her forehead. The wolf seemed restless and a restless wolf is dangerous. 

Isabelle tried to touch it but it sneered. 

"Shift!" Isabelle ordered.

The wolf let out a deadly growl. It didn't like that someone was attempting to gain control over it. After all, it is of an Alpha-blood.

Isabelle and Dwight bowed their head in submission. The wolf ran right pass them.

                                                                                           **~~~**

Kevin, Isabelle and Dwight listened as the wolf howled in pain.

"I'll go." said Dwight as he stoop up to shift.

But Isabelle grabbed his arm. "Leave her alone for some time."

"But- "

"Leave her alone." Isabelle gave him a stern look. But then, her face softened. "They have a lot to talk to each other."

Dwight sulked back to the sofa.

                                                                                        **~~~**

Ariana changed back to her human form after running aimlessly. Her wolf was scared and was searching for her family the whole time. She was like a new born pup as she had never been out in the world before. It was a new experience for Ariana as well and unfortunately she didn't have her family to guide her. 

She felt immense agony and helplessness when she had to tell her wolf about how both their family and mate had rejected and abandoned them. Her wolf howled the whole night while she relived the catastrophe that had occurred a year before.

"Saoirse..." Ariana called as she wiped her own tears.

Her wolf whined in response.

"We'll get through this."