Chapter 1

It was cold today. Snow was falling from the sky. I tried warming my hands by rubbing them together, but it was no use. It was too cold. My feet were cramping and I was slowly dying on the inside. The street lamp on the other side of the road was flickering on and off, like as if it was to fall down and break any second. The sudden gusts of wind were making the trees sway from side to side.

In the distance, I could see a group of teenagers laughing and smoking some kind of drug. Most likely tobacco. I heard that it was more addicting than any other drug. I didn't feel safe at all, but I had no choice but to sit there with a depressed facial expression.

Out of nowhere, I see a car coming. It's big and seems overly priced. Must be some wealthy man who can get whatever he wants in just a snap. I cowered behind a gruesome dumpster that reeked of who knows what and was fortunately behind me. I peeked behind the corner of the dumpster and saw the car slowing down in front of the the alley I was currently living in. The door of the car slid open, revealing a somewhat handsome man in a suit. Was this rich dude coming near me? What does he want? My curiosity starts to intensify when he sees me. I whimper and cower back behind the dumpster. Please don't see me, please don't see me.

"Miss, are you okay?" Said the overly handsome man.

Damn it. I just sat there frozen, hoping that this rich dude would think it was just his imagination. The faint sound of footsteps became louder and louder. I held in my breath. My heart seemed to stop beating for a few seconds. Then, a shadow appeared next to the dumpster.