Chapitre 1

*All conversations are in Korean unless indicated otherwise*

"You received a new email from iBigHit"

"Hello Miss Black,

We are happy to inform you, we have selected you to be the private English teacher and interpret for our international band, BTS. You will be provided with a long term visa, a living space, a new phone, and a car to facilitate your work with us.

Here are your plane tickets. The plane will be departing on Tuesday at 5 am Eastern Standard Time. Other information will be provided in the linked document along with the plane tickets.

Upon your arrival we will have a manager waiting for you at the airport to show you to your quarters, and give you what was mentioned earlier. We will give you 1 rest day and we expect you to start on Thursday. Here is your schedule for the first week:

Thursday:

9am-11am RM English class

11:30am-1:30pm V English class

3:00pm-7:00pm Variety Show Interpret

Friday:

8am-10am Jin English class

11:00am-1:00pm Jungkook English class

3:00pm-5:00pm Suga English class

7:00pm-9:00pm Jimin English class

Saturday:

8:00am-10:00am J-Hope English class

1:00pm-00:00 Study time with the group

Sunday:

8:00am-1:00pm meeting with the group and the manager to schedule the English classes.

We built the English class program in one on one lessons to ensure each member gets the best possible results.

Welcome in the BigHit family,

It's a pleasure to have you with us."

"Wait what?" After reading the email 10 times I started to realize what was happening. I had sent this application without thinking I would actually get the job. Okay so we are Saturday. I have 2 days and a half to get ready to move to Seoul, South Korea. It feels so unreal. First I will check the details of the flight. I am allowed one hold baggage and one checked baggage. So if I need anything more, I'll have to ship it to my new address... which I do not have. I guess I will have to ask my parents for help about this situation. I leave from Toronto international airport on Tuesday at 5am and land at Incheon international airport on Wednesday at 10am. So I will have the rest of the day to unpack and then I'll start working the next day. Not so much of a rest day...

I better start packing now if I want to be ready on time. At least I live at my parents' house so I don't have to rent my apartment and deal with the furniture. Oh, maybe I should go tell them I will be moving out in 3 days and that they have to drive me to the airport. I mean, I cannot drive myself and abandon the car for who knows how long.

I run downstairs to go tell my parents the good news.

*this is in english*

"Mom! Dad!" I say while running down the stairs. "Mom! Dad! I have something to tell you! Mom! Dad!"

"Yes sweetheart what is it? Calm down, take a moment to catch your breath. Yes?" Replies my mom.

"Mom. Dad. Do you remember when I applied to be a private English teacher at BigHit entertainment in Korea?"

"Yes we do remember" says my dad.

"Well guess what! I'm going to be BTS' English teacher starting on Thursday!"