How the Trash Rat Stole Christmas

Every Side down in the Mind Palace liked Christmas a lot

Virgil, Logan, Patton, Janus, and Roman were all decorating the Christmas tree together, having a relatively good time besides the non-stop bickering between them.

"That's not where that ornament goes," Logan would comment.

"Well, I think that instead of doing a star, we should do an angel!" Roman exclaims. Virgil agreed with that, being non-confrontational as Christmas was not his holiday. Nobody else did.

"Don't hear me out on this one, we totally shouldn't get a real tree while we still have the chance. It's not like it helps the airflow." Janus would lie through his teeth.

"Can we get a stool now? I can't reach the top..." Patton would call to no avail. Everyone was too busy bickering, bickering, and bickering.

But the Trash Rat, who lived in the Dark Sides portion of of the Mind Palace, did NOT

"This is a stupid holiday. For my birthday I got fanart and Janus played Just Dance with me, but for this dude who told me that I couldn't kill my friends gets like... at least 3 different holidays??? Stupid." Remus said, kicking at the air in his room.

The Trash Rat hated Christmas! The whole Christmas season!

Remus ripped the head off of the elf on his nightstand.

Now, please don't ask why. No one quite knows the reason.

He started eating the fluff inside, humming at the taste

It could be his sash was on the wrong side.

He ate the pom-pom on the hat, doing a little dance as he ate.

It could be, perhaps it's been too long since he cried.

"How do people never find these? It was so easy to spot it in the cabinet! It's pretty tasty too."

But I think that the most likely reason of all

May have been that his heart was two sizes too small.

He shoved a handful of stuffing in his mouth, falling back on his bed and sighing. "I don't even want to be there when they open their stupid gifts..."

Whatever the reason, His heart or the lack of cries,

He laid there on Christmas Eve, hating the sides,

Staring at the ceiling with a trashy, mustache accented smile,

In the dimly lit room, he's been in for a while.

"I wonder if they're up there getting freaky!!!"

Though he knew every Side in The Mind Palace near,

Was busy now, singing about the overqualified deers.

"Actual, there probably being boring and making cookies or something..." He put on an angry frown.

"And they're hanging their stockings!" he snarled with a sneer,

"Tomorrow is Christmas! It's practically here!"

Then he growled, with his long fingers angrily drumming,

"I MUST find some way to stop Christmas from coming!"

He thought that was too much work, but it'll make them upset, which is nice. He figured he wasn't doing anything better since now that Janus is a part of the group, there's no way he's having Christmas with him.