𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐩𝐡

ˑ༄ؘ

ˑ༄ؘ

BLACK-LABELLE MANNOR OCTOBER 31ST,1981

"C'MON DI, I'LL GIVE YOU 3 GALLEONS IF YOU SAY DADA!" Sirius coaxed, emitting a laugh from his wife who had just walked in the bathroom.

"Siri love, she's one you can't bribe her with galleons," Éloise laughed at her husband, pecking his cheek.

"No but I can try! Say it with me pup, D-A-D-A!" Sirius spoke slowly, frowning when Diana just laughed in response.

"Mama!" Diana giggled, splashing the water in the bathtub, sending suds flying.

"I've been betrayed." Sirius whined.

"Or maybe she just loves me more" Éloise said, scooping up Diana from the bathtub, wrapping the baby in a towel.

"Lies!" Sirius complained, following his wife and daughter into the nursery.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night," Éloise chuckled, buttoning up Diana's onesie. "By the way, how are James, Lily, and Harry doing?" Éloise asked, her brows knitted in concern as she combed through Diana's tiny tufts of hair.

"They seemed alright when I stopped by today, James is getting restless and Harry asked for his Ana." Sirius said scooping up Diana, and spinning around the room with her, before laying the baby down gently in her cot.

"They're gonna be best friends when they're older." Éloise said smiling at a photo of Harry and Diana that sat on a bookshelf.

"Mhm." Sirius smiled, not really paying attention, for he was far to preoccupied with Diana who was pulling at the sleeves of his infamous leather jacket.

"Sirius love, she has to go to bed now," Éloise chuckled pulling her husband away from their daughter.

"Alright alright, I have to go check on James and Lily anyways. I'll be back in an hour or so, don't wait up for me." Sirius kissed Diana and Éloise on the cheek before slipping out of the room, completely unaware that was the last time he would see them for 13 years.

SIRIUS NEVER CAME BACK THAT NIGHT. Éloise awoke to a sobbing Remus at her doorstep, breaking the news that Sirius was in Azkaban, and Peter, James, and Lily were dead, Harry shipped of to live with his Aunt and Uncle. Éloise was in a state of shock, disbelief. For surely the Sirius she knew and love wouldn't betray his best friends like that. The following moths were hard. Unable to stay in her and Sirius's home any longer, the ghosts of him constantly lingering, Éloise and Diana moved back to France, temporarily staying in her childhood home Labelle Mannor, with her parents. For months she stayed cooped up within the marble walls of the mannor, caring for her baby who cried out for her father. Dada. She finally learned to say it, and wouldn't stop crying for him. She was a daddy's girl, and Éloise could only do so much.

Her name was constantly in the Prophéte Quotidienne (France's Daily Prophet), for the news that Éloise Labelle part of one of France's finest wizarding families was now a single mother, seemed to be a popular topic. It certainly looked bad for the family, tainting their perfect image, for how could Éloise Labelle, the oldest and the wittiest Labelle fall for a mass murderer, and raise a daughter as a single mother? The gossip in France insidious to say the least, painting her as a foolish girl who fell for the black sheep of the Black family, raising their daughter alone. It looked bad to say the least, or at least that's what her mother thought, which was how she was swept into a marriage with Charlie Dupont, her best friend.

It was agreed that Charlie would pose as Diana's biological father, and he would raise her as her own, and she would never know the truth. All articles about Éloise and Sirius would be destroyed, and the Labelle family image would be saved, sort of.

PRESENT DAY

DIANA DUPONT WAS OFTEN REFERRED to as an angel sent from heaven. With her pale skin and golden curls along with her soft nature she was her parents pride and joy. There was simply something about her that had nothing to do with the veela blood running through her veins that made her simply irresistible, her kind nature and positive outlook on life drawing others towards her. Diana grew up in a loving home spending her Summers frolicking in the meadow by her home with her cousins Gabrielle and Fleur, and school days within the marble walls of Beauxbatons learning manners and magic. Going into her fourth year at Beauxbatons she had not expected to go to Hogwarts and found herself looking forward to another year of learning within the pale walls of Beauxbatons. However when the Triwizard Tournament is announced she learns this year is going to be anything but normal.

 However when the Triwizard Tournament is announced she learns this year is going to be anything but normal

authors note!
this chapter sucks but i promise it'll get better from here on out. Let Angelic Begin!