Chapter 3

Adelecia ignored the small twinge of guilt that came from ignoring her brother, but she was very angry at him and at that point there was nothing he could do to fix it. Adelecia found herself walking towards the back where the prefect carriage was, to find Lily, who admittedly was her best friend out of the 4 girls. Seeing as their meeting wasn't over yet, Adelecia sat down in one of the seats in the carriage nearest to the prefect one.

Adelecia grimaced as a bruise on her stomach connected with a cold piece of metal. Adelecia was in Gryffindor house, just like Sirius, but her parents hadn't done anything too drastic to her until Sirius had left. She closed her eyes and shuddered. The constant torture of having her parents hate her had a big mental toll on Adelecia.

Adelecia grinned as Lily's bright red hair came into view. She had met Lily, Marlene, and Alice on the second day of school, when her parents had sent her a Howler for getting into Gryffindor. Marlene had shown her a cool trick to shut the Howler up and Alice had just given the girl a hug. Alice's hugs were a specialty. Lily however, was Adelecia's best friend. Lily always seemingly knew when something was wrong with Addy, (As she affectionately nicknamed her) and always knew how to cheer her up. Adelecia did the same for Lily, soon making them inseparable. You rarely saw one without the other.

"Evans." Adelecia mock saluted Lily. "Black." Lily saluted back, causing both of the girls to grin at each other. "Hey Remus." Adelecia waved at Remus who was behind Lily, blushing slightly. Remus waved back. "Oh damn it, c'mon." Adelecia shoved Lily into another compartment as she saw Sirius.

Lily sat down across from her. "What was that about?" "Hm?" "You know what I'm saying." "Fine. What do you want to know?" "What the hell was that?" "Sirius left over the summer." Lily's face changed. "Oh. God, are you okay?" Lily was about the only one who knew the full extent of what Orion and Walburga would do to Adelecia. "I'm fine." "No you're not." "Lily, drop it. Let's go find Alice and Marlene." Lily sighed but nodded and got up.

The two girls made their way over to the carriage where Adelecia had left the group before. "Oh Lily, before we go in, I should probably tell you that-" "Lily-flower, you look lovely today!" Lily groaned. "Really Addy?" Adelecia smirked at her best friend, trying to hide the knowing smile on her face as she dumped the snacks they had picked up on the way into Marlene's waiting lap. Adelecia shrugged innocently. "You know Lily, the only seat left is the one next to James, so I assume-" Adelecia was cut off as Lily shoved her from her seat and sat in it. "Rude."

***

This chapter is dedicated to @thecoolmuggle for being the first commenter on this story! Thank you for the support :)

Anyway,

Bai!

~Foody

***