If I Let you Go.. Will you Fly Away? (3)

Warning: Brief mentionings of Suicide/Self-harm

So.. as the days have gone by with Loki awake and moving about, I have on and off regretted my decision of ever bringing him home that day...

Through little things stacked upon little things, Loki has been pushing all of my buttons. He refuses to even acknowledge me when I try to talk to him and he will often just leave the house and stand outside, no matter the temperature. He just stands, sometimes paces, outside without a shirt (Because of his healing wound) and looks up at the sky. I had assumed that maybe he was just gaining some form of composure, but do you really need to gain your composure for a whole 3 days? I'd also assumed that he just simply didn't want to be around me.

The only thing gleaned from him always leaving the house is the fact that I'll have silence during the times I have to work.

When he does retire inside, he will read all of my books. Scan after scan, I watch his eyes read every word at immaculate speed. He rarely spoke with me, nor did he ever thank me for anything I did for him, whether it be feeding him, checking in on his injuries, or just simply asking how he was doing.

Today was the day though, I was tired of cleaning this place all on my own, especially when I am now cleaning dishes for two. I approached the tall man just as he'd flipped a page in what looked to be a mystery novel of mine "Loki" I attempted to get his eyes on me but instead, unsurprisingly, received a simple "Hm?".

"Loki I'd like you to contribute a little whilst you live here," I said with a small smile, I watched his eyebrows rise then fall as he glanced at me finally "Really?" He replied, almost amused. I didn't reward his tone with a response as I pursed my lips and placed my hands on my hips, giving him nothing but a curt nod.

His smirk dropped as he rolled his eyes, shutting the book in his hand as he stood. I was almost shocked as he did so, I'd expected him to push back rather than just be a little bitchy about it "What leads you to believe that I would perform mundane tasks for a mortal such as yourself?" My eyes widened a little, clearly, I had spoken too soon in my head.

"...Because I saved your life, clean your wounds, help you heal, let you live here, y'know... just stuff that will help you live" I listed the following as I forced a fake smile, a little frustrated with him but also myself, wishing I had made it clear to him sooner what I expected of him.

He sighed as he gazed down at me, rolling his eyes once more before finally giving me a real answer to my request "No" He replied simply as he slipped past me and out the sliding glass door, Biscuit's head moving with him as she watched him exit. I shook my head lightly as I huffed, what was I expecting? He has already made it clear how he feels about me so why would I expect him to help me with anything?

Time skip...

It's been a day and it seems like ever since I had proposed that he help around the house, Loki has had even lesser to do with me, which was hard since the cabin wasn't that big. The few rooms that were closed off being parts of the living, the bathroom, and my room. Most of his time, if not more was spent sulking outside, sulking because I think he was just pitying himself for his current predicament, being stuck on earth, being stuck with me. It hurt a little to know how much he seemed to hate me just for being a human, but alas, I moved through my day like normal, today being one of my workdays. You may wonder just how I get cell reception all the way out here, but I have a little designated hotspot that I don't have to pay too much for, technology not being a huge requirement for me as a person.

As I'd finished up the last bit of dishes from this morning's breakfast, with some mumbling under my breath about someone in particular.. My phone went off.