Book 1, The Stars

The Avatars after Kora have all been growing in strength, so much so that the creation of portals in time and space are now created for the betterment of human kind. But when Avatar Seph Created a portal with a new design to a destination unknown she finds herself in the middle of a galactic war. 

-----

Thanks to the work of Avatar Sayam, the Avatar to follow Avatar Kora,  the Avatar is  now able to tap back into their past lives, thought it had been a difficult and brutal process, but one of Sayams tasks in his lifetime. 

Thanks to this mans work, the power and wisdom of the Avatars  gave rise to the ability to produce portals to other worlds and times, and with the rise of technology, new cities, an a growing population every now and then the Avatar was called upon to create another. 

And that is what Seph had been asked to do. After completing training in every type of bending and years completing her spiritual awakening she was now finally seen as a complete Avatar, so her first task was starting. 

"Seph!" Zuko shouted, running into her room as she was attempting to do her hair. 

Sighing she turned to look at him, the air she was using to plait her hair dissipating and her deep black hair falling to resting onto her red gold robes. "Yes?"

"The Satomobile is parked outside, and the press are starting to gather, we need to get going."

Seph turned to look back in the mirror, she felt strange all dressed up.

She'd spent year's living the life of a Air nomad and now she was going back to her life of material things, the bronze eyeshadow, almost black lipstick and gold jewellery all stood out so much to her. With a few twists of her wrists she used air bending to place and pin all her hair. Her final look in the mirror showed someone she only half recognised. Hair plaited and knotted on the top of her head, with her hair piece in she turned and with a deep breath made her way to the door. Picking up her glider as she passed and closed the door behind her.

Her steps clicked in the silent stone hallway.

Outside she was bombarded with flashing lights and hundreds of people asking her questions, there was a small path to the car cleared by guards but it was still a close thing, she was almost grabbed by a reporter but Zuko used his metal bending to redirect their hand just in time and the two of them jumped into the Mobile. 

"Excited?" Zuko asked.

"Nervous, I don't know if I can do this." Seph admitted to him, looking into his cool green eyes and smiling weakly. 

"I know you can do this, you're the most powerful Avatar for five centuries, there isn't anything you can't do."

"Thanks." Seph smiled sincerely at him and tried to relax. 

Zuko was her childhood friend, they had both grown up in the Fire Nation but Zuko had a hard life. He was bourn to a family of fire benders, but his mother being from the earth kingdom passed the ability to earth bend to him. his father had been shamed by the old families who were still set in the old ways, he lost his grip on reality so Zuko and his mum had fled to take refuge from him and met Seph's family. Now he and his mother both had their own houses in Republic city and Zuko was almost never away from her side. 

The car ride over was filled with flashing lights from cameras outside the window, but once they reached the area for the new gate the security had kept most of them out. The platinum circle set in obsidian was surrounded by teams ready to construct the building after the detonation, a few reporters from big papers and shows were there to film and take notes, but more importantly the grove of spirit vines where carefully placed and well looked after, there was a few steps to the alter where the portal was to be created and it took her moments to clime them. 

Seph sat down on the small cushion, took a deep breath and closed her eyes, Her tattoos light up an her eyes glow, opening on their own as she tapped into the spiritual energy surrounding her to create a new spirit portal. The spirit vines glowed purple as she overloaded them with power, the air seemed to rush from the area and her guard were being blown back. Seph could feel herself connecting, she tentatively poked at a fragile point in space, willing the vines through and pulling it open. 

A civilian had climbed over a gate to get a closer look, dodging the guards he got close enough to see Seph and took a picture, with the flash on.

 It startled her concentration and in a split second she lost control of everything, the energy slipped her grip, she couldn't breath, the light around her started to strobe and disappear. She was lifted of her seat, meditation ending as she was dragged back to the present. There was just one moment where she could see clearly and the last thing she saw of her world, were her family and friend's scared faces before she blacked out and fell through the unstable portal. 

----

She awoke to see nothing but fog, though she knew she was falling, suddenly something rushed past her right side followed by another, there were bursts of light and booms from below. 

Looking around her she was thankful to see her glider spiralling down next to her with a quick push of air she was able to grab it, but it was too late, she wasn't able to open it in time. 

The ground was just metres away when she pushed her hands and legs out in front of her and slowed to a holt, hovering above the ground, before she let go, weak from the trip and fell onto the soft ground.

After a moment she was able to open her eyes and they took a moment to focus on the small plant in front of her, it was nothing she had ever seen before. Pushing up to her knees she looked around and saw four people holding glowing sticks pointing them at her face, behind them was what looked like an army made of one person. 

Must of hit her head too hard, she was seeing things. Siting back she checked her head, when she found nothing obviously wrong she air pushed her glider into her hand. 

Apparently that was a mistake. The glowsticks were pushed closer to her face, and as the ringing in her ears dissipated she could finally hear what they were asking her. "Who are you? Republic or Separatist?"