The Beginning •Fixed and Edited•

Hello my sinners! Welcome to The Belle of the Ball! Two quick things to note!

One, this book is being steadily updated because this book is almost 4 years old. So don't click the chapters that don't say they haven't been updated.

Two, I made a playlist for you all to listen to listen to while you read. It's filled with all sorts or jazz and music in general that I think fits them. As well as music that is featured in this book.

https://spotify.link/TeiDIWE1wDb

If you'd like to add a song to it, just comment or dm me! Actually, if you'd like to see any changes to this book, feel free to dm me. Only rule is try not to be too mean. I'm sensitive. :(

Anyways, that's all! I hope you all enjoy the story!

Sirens wailed along the horizon.

Today specifically was quite silent for usual hell. And that was because of the usual overlords whom run pentagram city were quite busy.

Take Valentino, for example.

He was out on the town with his usual whores, making sure that they did his sexual business.

Vox was going over sound waves and regulating frequencies. (So interesting)

Alastor (was) in his radio tower singing his favorite song cheerfully, smiling with every exaggerated word.

And Lucifer, the king himself, was all by himself in his castle. Locked in by his own doing as always.

But far from that castle, in a high abandoned tower far from any other hell civilization, was actually where Alastor was. He was entering the dark tower as we speak to talk to his boss.

"Alastor. I have something for you. Consider it a pitch."

Alastor sat down opposite of Lilith and turnt his head to the side, cracking his neck in the process.

"Well? Get on with it Lilith. I haven't got all da-"

"You will have as much time as I wish to give you considering I give you every drop of your power. Every damn bit of 'freedom' you have is because I give it to you."

Lilith stood from her chair and summoned Alastor's contract.

"If you weren't so entertaining at times, you would be killed in an instant, I promise you that. So do you understand that, deer?"

Alastor hesitated, but nodded in silence. Something about immediately being silenced in one fatal swipe without question hurt his ego.

He couldn't question it or say anything to counter her. Just put his head down in shame and wait for instruction.

Lilith took an annoyed breath and sat back down in her chair.

"Now as I was saying, I have a task for you. But I want a certain person you know to explain it. Angel!"

And out popped Angel dust with a very big pink suitcase.

"Heya smiles." Angel waved at Al with the only hand he wasn't using to pull the heavy case. 

Once Angel parked the suitcase and sat down with the former queen and overlord, Alastor immediately got to asking questions. Well, trying to ask questions.

"Angel! Good heavens, what are you doing here-"

Lilith gave him the dirtiest look possible and frowned. "Alastor. Absolutely not. Let the poor man explain himself."

Angel coughed uncomfortably before starting the pitch.

"So...Queen Lilith came to me with an idea. She said that you are very much the king's type. Tall, brooding, high eyelids, etcetera."

Alastor visibly cringed at that statement, but he didnt say anything. He had noticed Lilith giving him a cold stare the whole explanation Angel gave. So unfortunately, he needed to let Angel explain himself and then he could judge.

"We think that with a small bit of training and some makeup, we could get you to get the king's attention and possibly put him into a false sense of comfort."

Angel paused to look at Alastor, whom seemed to not understand a word he said.

"So in other words smiles, you're gonna be my protegè until you can successfully be the best woman possible."

That's when the realization hit the radio demon. He was going to be working aside a prostitute for as long as Lilith said he would.

Out of his head, dials popped out for a moment before immediately fading.

"Alastor dear. I think you're misreading the situation. I'm offering a chance at the crown."

That's when the immense embarrassment turnt into joy. He had misread the situation. Lilith and Angel weren't just forcing him to dress up like a woman for comedic purposes. They were offering a way to take down the kingdom from the inside.

How could he pass up that opportunity?

The power! The entertainment he could have! Hell, with the king, he could get out of this shitty deal with ease.

Even though it was embarrassing to dress as one of those queers, it was worth it to not only get the crown, but to get back at that asshole king.

"Oh my dears! I accept your request without haste. We should get started as soon as possible!"

"Hold your horses, Alastor. First off, you didn't have a choice regardless. I own you. Second of all, this process will take a while. I'm talking about months. Maybe years. We have to perfectly construct your persona in a way that not even the Prince of Pride could detect."

"You must work with me and Angel, Alastor. For you to win a prize, you must play the game first.

"Whatever it takes darlings! Just work your magic, and I'll provide in anyway I possibly can."