nineteen

chapter nineteen
"therapy"

chapter nineteen"therapy"

"NO! PLEASE STOP!"

LYNN USED a palm to cover her gasping mouth as tears started to stream down her face like a river, staining her cheeks. She couldn't move, as if her feet were superglued to the floor.

She watched as Jackson, except in his kanima shape, ripped its claws deep into Stiles' chest, leaving his absolutely bloodied and destroyed body to crumble to the floor beside everyone else — Scott, her mother, Allison, Lydia, even Derek. They were all dead, lifeless, had absolutely no heartbeat.

And it was all Lynn's fault.

"Mrs. Kennedy?"

Lynn was snapped out of her dazed trance when she heard someone call of her name, and she fluttered her eyes up from staring out a window. She realized she was in the waiting room of the guidance counselors office, and had completely even forgotten that she was here in the first place.

She noticed that the guidance counselor, Mrs. Morrell, was standing in the doorframe of her office, and she could only assume that it was the woman who called out for Lynn.

"S-Sorry," Lynn breathed out, stumbling to pick up her bag that was resting by her feet to follow the woman into her office.

It seemed like any other office, with a neat desk, hardly any decorations other than the many posters that littered the walls. There was a chair opposite of the wooden desk, and Lynn could only assume that that was the chair students sat in.

"So, Evelynn, how are you feeling?" Mrs. Morrell questioned as she took a seat on her rolling chair, and Lynn had to hide her annoyance from the question. Does anyone ever actually care when they ask that question? Most people just say it because it's expected, but Lynn doubts if anyone ever cares about the response.

"You can just call me Lynn," Lynn responded, and then she nervously licked her dry lips. Her mind flickered to the nightmares she's been having nonstop since the night Matt tried to murder all her friends, including herself. "I'm, uh, I'm fine."

When the school, along with her mother, required that Lynn go to therapy through the school to deal with her recent traumatic experiences, she just wasn't expecting this. She's mostly just doing this for Katherine, to make her mother feel better.

"Okay," Mrs. Morrell concluded, and Lynn furrowed her eyebrows in the slightest bit at how the woman didn't argue with her. "How are you feeling about Matt?"