➽Chapter 30

The rest of the family stood outside waiting for some news

Adhyan went inside to see Revati crying and screaming in pain. His heart clenched seeing her condition. He went towards her and held her hand firmly.

“Revati! Listen! Everything will be alright! Just don't give up hope! I am-” Before Adhyan could speak further the doctor cut him off. “Mr. Chauhan, can you come to my cabin for a minute? I need to discuss something really important.” Adhyan squeezed Revati's hand in assurance and walked to the doctor's cabin.

“Mr. Chauhan your wife is pregnant with twins.” The doctor revealed as Adhyan looked on shocked. Taking his silence as a chance the doctor continued “We couldn't make it out earlier as one of the babies had overlapped the other. Well, there are some complications.” The doctor paused for a bit.

“Is Revati fine?” Adhyan asked scared. “She is fine. But only one of the babies can survive and Mrs. Chauhan won't be able to conceive again.” The doctor revealed. Adhyan was shocked would be an understatement. The doctor pushed forward a form. “We didn't start our procedures yet as we need you to sign this form seeing the condition.” The doctor told Adhyan.

With shaking hands Adhyan signed the form and then left the cabin with the doctor who went inside the operation theatre again. The rest of the family members were informed about all this and they were worried about Revati and the child's well being and also sad about the fact that they were welcoming as well as bidding bye to their child on the same day.

Sushila Chauhan sat on one of the chairs with a thud crying while Rajveer consoled her accompanied by Nalini who was on the verge of crying. Adhyan stood in a corner, his face void of any emotions as Vritika and Dishank consoled him.

After a few hours, Meher excused herself and brought water for Sushila and Nalini and coffee for the rest. “Meher, I am feeling tensed.” Vritika told as Meher handed her the cup of coffee. “Bhabhi be positive, everything will be fine.” Meher replied as she rested her hand on her shoulder reassuring her.

The doctor came out of the operation theatre and everyone rushed over to her. “Is Revati fine?” Adhyan asked as soon as he reached there. “Yes and as said one of the babies couldn't survive and the other has been kept under observation in the incubator as the baby is weak due to premature birth. ” The doctor informed. “Can I see the child and Revati?” Adhyan asked and the doctor shook her head saying “Mr. Chauhan you can't meet the baby as it is prone to infection and Mrs. Chauhan is unconscious at the moment. She should be conscious in a few hours.” Saying this the doctor left.

“Dad, you'll go home I'll stay here with Bhabhi and Bhai if they need me.” Dishank said.

Seeing that Meher is going to protest he quickly added “No Meher you are tired due to your shoots and don't lie, I can see it on your face and Iti is also tired due to the office work.” Knowing that Dishank wouldn't agree Meher huffed and they all went home.

✦✧✦✧

In London, a boy was sleeping peacefully ignoring the disturbance in the form of his phone which was continuously ringing.

“Sam wake up mahn! Your phone is ringing!” Samay waved his hand in the air and murmured irritated “Mimi you pick up the call! Let me sleep.” “Sam! This is the third time in the whole week you are calling me Mimi!” Jason said irritated.

Samay sprang up realising that he is missing his ex-wife even if he didn't want to agree.

“By the way who is this Mimi? Your girlfriend?” Jason asked confused at being called by the odd name “If you miss her so much, just call her and talk!” he added.

“She is not my girlfriend, she is my ex-wife.” Sam retorted. “You are married!?” Jason shrieked. “No, I was married.” Sam corrected his roommate and added “Used to dislike each other a lot and so we got divorced.” Sam shrugged nonchalantly though he felt a bit sad.

“Doesn't look like that. The only name I have heard from your mouth ever since you came is Mimi and no offense but the name is weird!” Jason said and quickly added “Not that I mind!” as Samay glared at him.

“That's her nickname for god sake and her name's Meher which means blessing.” Samay said and Jason teased him saying “But she was a curse in your life, wasn't she?”

Before Samay could reply his phone rang again flashing the name 'Mimi' and Jason smirked with a teasing glint in his eyes and said “Looks like someone is missing you too! Take the call, I'll see you later in class.” and left the place whistling to irritate Samay more.

Samay answered the call saying a “Hello” but in return received a “Samrevatibhabhiwasexpectingtwinsbutonediedandtheonethatsurvivedisa” Her rant was stopped by Samay who was confused and said “Please speak in a known language.”

“ I was saying that Revati Bhabhi was expecting twins but we didn't know as one of them was overlapping the other and as Bhabhi started bleeding and one of them died and the one which survived is weak and kept under observation due to premature birth.” Meher explained in detail.

“Is Bhabhi fine?” Samay asked and when he was replied with a “Yeah, she is.” he impatiently asked “What is the gender of the baby? You said everything but you didn't say that.”

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

Hey guys, here's the update.
Guess the gender.
Also did you expect Revati to carry twins and miscarry one of them?
Next update after the update reaches 75 comment.

Do vote, comment and share.

Love,
Writer!