Christmas Special

their eyes shone like ice flowers

༻𖥸༺

OBELIA HAD WINTER, THAT MUCH can be clearly said, but because of its warm climate conditions, all it did during winter time was making temperatures drop and people cranky. Rarely did it snow within the empire, the only constant source of it residing in the mountain chain laying in the northern part of the nation.

Athan, in his former life as Ye-Jun, knew what snow looked and felt like, but this new body didn't; not to be said that he missed the semi-solid hydrogenic compound. He'd rather not become yet another collateral victim to multiple snowball fights.

(Though, let's be real, only those foolish enough would try to rope in the Crown Prince of the empire.)

In spite of his indifference towards the cold season (minus the festival一he liked the fireworks) and the several yeast he'd spent in this world without experiencing the joys of snow, it would seem that Felix made it his mission to have the two imperial males have the day to themselves.

"Your Majesty can take today off and spend time with His Highness. The paperwork is scarce at worse and it has been a while since the last time."

Thus, Claude found himself having an armful of ten year old as they walked the gardens in the Golden Palace.

Placind his chin on his father's shoulder, the young prince looked back at the Crimson Knight that followed closely at their heels.

Athan knew why Felix was doing this (he wasn't stupid, thank you very much), but he doubted the effectiveness of his schemes.

With having Lady Diana die barely a few months ago, Calude was still in a pissy poor mood and it seemed that having his son close kept his fluctuating temper at bay.

(He was unofficially dubbed 'The Emperor's Calming Draught' by the scarce staff of the main palace.)

"Your Highness has never seen snow, right?"

He couldn't ignore the beaming smile of the knight's face. He just couldn't. It would have been a crime to do so, really.

Nodding in confirmation to the red hair, that seemed to prompt him in a long talk about the only time he'd seen it, when he was a child and had dragged his father out in the gardens to see.

"一His Majesty was so surprised. He had this wondrous look in his eyes and they just sparkled when he saw the snow. It was really adora一"