第1章

"This court is adjourned." The judge speaks, before everyone rises. He then gets up and leaves.

   The defendant had won the case. Families and friends of the defendant stood up and cheered for him. Ariya has a big smile on her face. She knew her hard work would pay off. It was only a matter of the judge believing it or not.

   "Thank you so much, Ariya-San." The defendant turns to her with tears in his eyes. "If it wasn't for you, I would have lost custody over my daughter."

   This is one of those cases that Ariya didn't want to lose. It was a battle between a child growing up with or without a father. The mother did not want the father to have any sort of contribution to the child's life. She only wanted child support. How heartless can a mother be?

   "It's not a problem at all, Takane. I was glad to be of help." Ariya bows her head at him. "I better get going now. You know, busy days."

   "I can't imagine how busy a lawyer is." Takane tells her. "Thank you so much again, Ariya-san. I can never thank you enough."

   Ariya bids goodbye one more time before grabbing her suitcase. She gets in her Designo Hyacinth Red Metallic Mercedes Benz AMG GT C Coupe and drives toward her apartment complex. But not before going to the drive-thru to grab a cup of her favorite iced coffee.

   Ariya parks her car at the underground parking lot of the complex. She grabs her belongings and locks her car before going up using the elevator. As soon as she arrives in her apartment, she places her things on the table and goes inside her walk-in closet. It was some time around 3 PM, she had a long day indeed. Although this has never stopped her before.

   She removes her work clothes, discarding it in the laundry bin. She then changes into her gym clothes and sneakers. It was time for her Muay Thai classes. Even when working long hours being a lawyer, Ariya never forgets her daily routines. She always takes care of her physical health.

   Ariya locks the door to her apartment and rides the elevator once again to get to the parking lot

   Ariya locks the door to her apartment and rides the elevator once again to get to the parking lot. Once there, she starts her car and drives toward the gym. Tokyo isn't busy today, thankfully. There isn't any traffic, so she drives smoothly toward her destination.

   Her life hadn't been so easy, that's why this is probably her own way of making herself seem stronger. People know her because of her parents. Her mother is a successful real estate agent, while her dad is a successful lawyer as well. It was both a blessing and a curse for her to have her parents.

   Ariya knows she's lucky to have parents like them. As a child, she never had to worry about anything else other than maintaining good grades in school. Even as an adult, Ariya didn't even need to worry about having to find a firm to work at. Her dad already owns a law firm under his name.

   But of course, with it comes a burden. Since her parents are quite popular, their family name is always involved in the media. Though the popularity of her family—herself included—was nice, some of the headlines in the news are not exactly pleasant to read. Ariya is portrayed as a spoiled daughter in the papers. Only having a future to become a lawyer because of her father.