#1 Wish You were Gay | TayNew - 01 Easy Escape

💙

New grunted as he looked at the man currently sprawled on the bed and when he say man, he meant Tay, his best friend of 15 years.

He gave him a kick on the shin but Tay just groaned and lied on his back, completely ignoring New despite him being totally awake.

"Tay. I know you're not sleeping. Desiree's downstairs looking for you," he huffed and nudged Tay even more but the latter just wouldn't budge.

Tay opened an eye and stared at him.

"Tell her to go away. We're done 2 weeks ago. What's she after now?"

"If you just talk to her right now and clear things properly with her, then she might actually stop coming after you. Can you just act like the man that you're supposed to?"

New grabbed the pillow near Tay's leg and used it to smack the latter on the stomach.

Tay just grinned at him before sitting up, his hair tousled in every direction and his pecs flexing since he was half naked.

"Okay fine. I'll talk to her right now okay. Just stop nagging. You sound like my wife," Tay grumbled before going down the bed and going out of the bedroom.

"Who's your wife? And can you wear your shirt!" he grabbed Tay's shirt on the floor and followed him outside, his footsteps heavy against the carpeted floor.

Tay had always been like this, a certified Casanova who changed women faster than he changed his underwear. And he was always the one to clean his mess, facing his flings and explaining to them whilst casually enduring scratches from some of them.

He followed him to the living room where Desiree, his recent hook-up was waiting. He smacked the shirt on his stomach which Tay willingly wore.

"Tay! Oh my god, I missed you!"

Desiree quickly stood to embrace Tay but the latter just dodged her.

"What do you want?" Tay asked flatly, his voice void of emotion whilst his face straight.

"Oh come on, honeeey. Don't you miss me?" Desiree clung to his arm and shook it lightly.

"We're already done Des. Which part of my statement weren't you able to understand?" Tay exclaimed as he pried Desiree's fingers off his arm.

He just stood there and watched the two. Well, he had already got used to seeing women confronting Tay either at home or outside.

"Stop pretending okay? I know you still like me. You still want me. It's been two weeks but I haven't heard any news of you hooking up with another girl."

"Well news flash, hun. You're right. I'm currently not hooking up with a girl, because right now I'm with a guy."

New raised an eyebrow as he heard Tay's statement. Yeah, he knew that Tay wanted to escape from this woman but he didn't expect him to use a man as an excuse.

Desiree then laughed, her head falling back as she covered her mouth.

"Come on Tay. Are you that desperate to get rid of me? I know you. You wouldn't bang a man."

"How sure are you?" Tay's voice was challenging.

"Then show him to me. Show me the man you're talking about," Desiree crossed her arms across her chest and raised an eyebrow at Tay, obviously confident that she would refute Tay's claim of having a boyfriend.

"He's right in front of you," Tay confidently stated before sitting down on the sofa, his right leg over his left as he spread his arms.

"Huh?" Desiree and New asked in unison. Well aside from the fact that they were the only ones in the living room, he still couldn't get who Tay was referring to.

"You??" New furrowed his eyebrows as Desiree pointed an accusing finger at him.

"Huh? Me?" he asked and pointed a finger to himself as well.

💙

"What the hell, Tay! I told you to talk to her, not use me as an escape!" he tramped behind Tay towards the latter's bedroom.

They were so close to the point that he would spend most of his time at Tay's house because his parents were usually out of town.

"Come on. At least I'm sure she wouldn't go after me after knowing that. And besides, I couldn't think of any excuse. You're basically my easiest escape. You know I don't like clingy women."

He didn't say anything and just watched as Tay removed his shirt and crawled into the bed.

"I don't know what to do anymore with you Tay."

💙

"When are you gonna get your act together, Tay? You have to start to get serious about settling down. You're not getting any younger. You're already 29 for heaven's sake," Tay's mother preached over dinner.

"Mom. You know I'm not the settling type," Tay grunted as he poked the meat with his fork.

Well, what he said was a fact. He was indeed not the settling type. He'd rather jump from one bed to another and save himself from commitments brought by long term relationships. He couldn't even keep his promises to his parents. The only person he could keep his promises to was New, his best friend and confidant.

"Son, you should really stop frolicking around and get yourself a girlfriend or a boyfriend," his father interjected and gave him a suggesting look.

"Daaad. I'm not gay, okay?" he frowned at his father.

"Well, who knows which way you could swing to."

"Dad, stop it, okay. Why don't you bother New instead? He's never been in a relationship before," he glanced at New who was eating quietly beside him.

New just smiled timidly at them and continued munching his food.

"Well, New already probably has someone in mind unlike you who can't even settle with one," his mother interrupted.

"I already have someone in mind, too," he murmured and poked his meat even more, shredding it into pieces.

💙